`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about Paypal and Money Pak

Question about Paypal and Money Pak
So it seems as bad as I hate paypal I am finding myself stuck because everyone uses it. If I wanna get stuff from the bay. I need this service.

So I have some questions. I am looking to obtain a new paypal acc. However,I was told I can use the green dot,money pak refill cards. My question is this.

Can I sign up for paypal without giving person info like SSN,ID,Bank info?
I was told I give that info to money pak but do they share with paypal?
I'm basically using the paypal for buying and receiving money from off ebay sales.

Dan

I should add that any money I make for selling a card would just go to buy something. So i'll never actually withdrawl money.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: Question about Paypal and Money Pak
Money Pak is simply put a credit card that you load-I would think Pay Pal would need all the same info to verify the card AND its owner (for shipping validation)
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(02-05-2012, 08:29 AM)talkntribe Wrote: So it seems as bad as I hate paypal I am finding myself stuck because everyone uses it. If I wanna get stuff from the bay. I need this service.

So I have some questions. I am looking to obtain a new paypal acc. However,I was told I can use the green dot,money pak refill cards. My question is this.

Can I sign up for paypal without giving person info like SSN,ID,Bank info?
I was told I give that info to money pak but do they share with paypal?
I'm basically using the paypal for buying and receiving money from off ebay sales.

Dan

I should add that any money I make for selling a card would just go to buy something. So i'll never actually withdrawl money.
Ok Money Pak does not require any CC etc, to use, you just buy it at walmart,target etc... deposit the money you want to put into your paypal account on the card at the store, the store charges $4.95.

You do need to give paypal the information, like your name, address, phone number, etc...., you do not need to give them your SS#, CC#, etc...., you do not have to link a bank account either.

After you create your account and buy your money pack card, you scratch off the number, at the top there is a drop down menu under " add funds", click on the add Money pak, enter the number, and viola, it is deposited into your account immediately
(02-05-2012, 11:00 AM)happy14027 Wrote: Money Pak is simply put a credit card that you load-I would think Pay Pal would need all the same info to verify the card AND its owner (for shipping validation)
Money Pak is NOT a credit card, it is a card you can buy to add funds to paypal, without having to go through all the hassles of linking bank accounts and CC#'s to your paypal account, it is also safer than adding a cc# or bank account

https://www.moneypak.com/PayPal/Index.aspx

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

Thanks Shezdoni
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(02-05-2012, 11:50 AM)talkntribe Wrote: Thanks Shezdoni
One last thing, you do not have to give any info to money Pak as well, all you have to do is buy the card, and put the deposit on it at the store, log on to paypal, and type in the money pak number, that's it..

the only time you have to give greendot any info , is if you plan to deposit 4000 or more.

the bucket

WANTED:

Thanks for that info--When I got it for my daughter to use for her phione payments and gas they said it was to be used like a credit card but it really is a debit card--I did know Money Pak requires no info though--Its just like purchasing a gift card Thanks for the info.
(02-05-2012, 11:33 AM)shezdoni Wrote: Ok Money Pak does not require any CC etc, to use, you just buy it at walmart,target etc... deposit the money you want to put into your paypal account on the card at the store, the store charges $4.95.

You do need to give paypal the information, like your name, address, phone number, etc...., you do not need to give them your SS#, CC#, etc...., you do not have to link a bank account either.

After you create your account and buy your money pack card, you scratch off the number, at the top there is a drop down menu under " add funds", click on the add Money pak, enter the number, and viola, it is deposited into your account immediately

Money Pak is NOT a credit card, it is a card you can buy to add funds to paypal, without having to go through all the hassles of linking bank accounts and CC#'s to your paypal account, it is also safer than adding a cc# or bank account

https://www.moneypak.com/PayPal/Index.aspx
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

(02-05-2012, 11:55 AM)happy14027 Wrote: Thanks for that info--When I got it for my daughter to use for her phione payments and gas they said it was to be used like a credit card but it really is a debit card--Thanks for the info.
Ok, what you got for you daughter was a greendot pre-paid debit card, you can use money pak's to deposit money on to those cards, but that is all money pak is for , to make deposits into their debit card account or paypal funds.

Also, green dot debit card has a $6 a month fee, unless you keep a $1000 deposit on it, Money pak, there is no fee, except for what the store charges to deposit the money on to the card.

the bucket

WANTED:

Yep and the only way you will have to link a bank account to pay pal is if you are going to SELL on eBay or take payments from people that are not gifts. This is how I do my pay pal to,buy on eBay and send money here.