`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside Job !

RE: Inside Job !
(02-03-2012, 12:43 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: At least with the Ring Cards in Topps this year it's not to hard to find as they are heavy as a brick and it's the only card in the pack.
I believe its only hobby that has these, so it would be LCS searching the boxes, and that would suck.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

I'm not blatant about it but I'm a pack searcher at my local Target and Walmart! Nothing obvious, but I'll grab a handful of packs and pick out the ones I want. I'm not very good at it but I choose which ones I'm gonna pay for! No scales though...yet haha
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

(02-03-2012, 12:48 PM)Krangry Wrote: I believe its only hobby that has these, so it would be LCS searching the boxes, and that would suck.
but it does happen
[Image: thCA4A41M6_zps6c3e4a45.jpg]

Yea it just stinks. I mostly buy retail and the blasters dont give you the chance of autos or relics.

I had the same thing happen to me at a BC Sports store. After spending a large amount of money and getting next to nothing I was informed by one of the employees later on that an ex-employee had been searching packs. I haven't bought a single pack since. Boxes only.

(02-03-2012, 05:42 PM)phillies816 Wrote: I had the same thing happen to me at a BC Sports store. After spending a large amount of money and getting next to nothing I was informed by one of the employees later on that an ex-employee had been searching packs. I haven't bought a single pack since. Boxes only.
Used to buy a bunch from BC but stopped because I suspected the same. I only buy boxes online now
Collecting Hall of Fame Players; rookie card, auto, and memorabilia for each member if available
ABC Sportscards online store - http://abcsportscards.mysimplestore.com/

always going to be this kind of problem. I'm not for telling employees they can't purchase what they want...but searching is another matter. For an employee to sit and search packs, would take permission from a higher up. Kind of the same with other hobbies too. We bought Skylanders Spyros' Adventure for our son for Christmas... it's the crazy item right now... and no matter where you go, you can't find the Legendary... or special figures anywhere right out of the packing box when being stocked... yet they all wind up on ebay for 10x retail. Reminds me so much of collecting cards.

Yea I may have to start buying hobby. I bought a ton of 2011 Topps Chrome retail and not one auto! I know its not a searching issue with the autos but I bought 8 hobby packs at a show and pulled 2! LoL!