`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting your card graded

getting your card graded
Good afternoon everyone, i should be getting my card today or tomorrow ( 2009 exquisite sp quad autograph ensemble 4, peyton manning, kurt warner, eli manning, and drew brees 4/15 ). how do i go about getting it graded and how should i protect it, screwdowns? Thanks for the help

RE: getting your card graded
In the grey boxes at the top of the page, there is a "grading" tab. Go there and it will tell you about getting cards graded by BGS. I would at least put it in a mag or screwdown holder.

Sweet card!

(02-02-2012, 01:18 PM)gangstippie Wrote: In the grey boxes at the top of the page, there is a "grading" tab. Go there and it will tell you about getting cards graded by BGS. I would at least put it in a mag or screwdown holder.

Sweet card!
If you use a magnetic one-touch, PLEASE use a team bag to keep it from popping open during shipping. Good luck on your grades!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

I wouldn't use a screwdown if I were you. Too much risk in it crushing the edges and corners.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-02-2012, 02:13 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I wouldn't use a screwdown if I were you. Too much risk in it crushing the edges and corners.
If it gets a good grade, how much value does it add to your card?

Yea i wouldn't use to mag or screw holders, probably wont get your holder back

(02-02-2012, 03:01 PM)jfran33 Wrote: If it gets a good grade, how much value does it add to your card?
Well, it would depend on the card. Assuming that you're talking about the card that you're waiting, it would depend on your definition of a good grade.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

They don't send you your cases back so I wouldn't send in mags or screwdowns.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]

I assumed you were asking about protection OR grading. If you're asking about protection FOR grading, I would penny sleeve it, put it in a card saver and tape cardboard around it for extra protection. Since it's not a thick card, that should protect it just fine. I send mine in for grading that way. If you send in with a top loader, mag, or screwdown, yuo will not get those back.

Quite honestly, I would just leave your card in whatever case it comes to you in from UD as long as its sufficient. The more you handle your card, the more the risk of damaging it moving it from one case to another. I just sent one of my Jerry Rice autos in in a screwdown. I dont care about not getting it back. Its like a dollar case but its protecting a much more valuable card. You can always get another case. You might not be able to get another card back if it gets damaged by you or in the mail.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/