`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess it's "buyer beware" with Upper Deck now .....

RE: I guess it's "buyer beware" with Upper Deck now .....
I'm kinda on the fence on this one. When you buy a box of cards, you are taking a gamble, no one ever complains when they get more than what is in the stated odds, only when they get less... I agree that it would be nice if a company could/would honor redemptions that are expired, but in no way would I "expect" them to do so. I think you are taking the chance when you purchase an older product and if the company honors it, good on them. I don't think they are any worse of a company if they abide by their own rules that are stated in print and say that there is nothing they can do. I think that collectors in general, have become more whiny in the last 5-10 or so years and have too high of a sense of entitlement when it comes to what they expect in a pack of cards.

I buy cards because I enjoy the hobby. When I get shorted, it sucks, but life goes on. There have been plenty of other times where I've been more than compensated for my purchase. I'd say, roll with the punches and if you don't like a product or their rules, stay away from them.

ok, I'm done...
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

I have over 60 boxes of various Upper Deck products stashed in the garage. My kids are the benefactors of the products from doing chores and getting good grades. This weekend my 12 year old son opened a 2008 SP Authentic Box with "0" hits. It was demoralizing for him............

Good job Upper Deck, looks like I will be making a better effort to avoid your products in the future.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Upper Deck did respond to your comment.

"John we appreciate your concerns and feedback. We share this feedback with all the members of our executive team and find feedback like this invaluable in terms of making our business better. Unfortunately, as we have shared before, when it comes to expired redemptions for leagues we no longer have a license for, we cannot assist with those cards."
http://s260.photobucket.com/home/TaylorSOlson/index

Brad Johnson - 112/1836 (6.1%)

Christian Ponder - 24/717 (But I do have three printing plates!)

Eric Decker - 25/711

Cris Carter - 322/2443 (13.18%)

(02-02-2012, 02:50 PM)warcraftin Wrote: This weekend my 12 year old son opened a 2008 SP Authentic Box with "0" hits. It was demoralizing for him............
I am sooo sorry to hear that. I can only imagine the disappointment the poor boy felt Sad Makes me sick to think that stuff like that will discourage future generations from collecting!!!!

(02-02-2012, 12:22 PM)all day baby Wrote: Your analogy is wrong. No one is buying a box and just sitting on it, then opening it years later. We want to buy a box that is new to us, but now we are no longer covered by Upper Deck for damages.
ADB I have alot of customers who buy boxes and then sit on it. I have one guy who has been buying boxes for 10+ years and he has never opened one...when he wants to open something he buys some packs
But to be on topic I have been saying it for a while and as a store woner I have seen this coming. We have talked to their executives in person and without saying it they basically said things were not well and that redemption's are a nightmare to them.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-02-2012, 03:11 PM)chads-cards Wrote: ADB I have alot of customers who buy boxes and then sit on it. I have one guy who has been buying boxes for 10+ years and he has never opened one...when he wants to open something he buys some packs
But to be on topic I have been saying it for a while and as a store woner I have seen this coming. We have talked to their executives in person and without saying it they basically said things were not well and that redemption's are a nightmare to them.
Does he expect to get replacements for damaged cards found in a box that old, should he decide to open it?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(02-02-2012, 04:37 PM)all day baby Wrote: Does he expect to get replacements for damaged cards found in a box that old, should he decide to open it?
we always tell him there are redemption but he doesnt care ha...and its alot of sp authentic for all 4 sports and other high end products.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

here is my main gripe .....

"It is similar to purchasing an item that is no longer under warranty"

and I tried to make it clearer in my second post ..... whenever/wherever I purchase a new product off the shelf it comes with a warranty ..... redemptions or not but if I buy a $600 box of Exquisite or $100 box of base, if the cards are damaged I want new ones ..... period.

This just gives them an excuse to be able to put out a sub-par product and get away with it at their discretion.

If I pull a 7 year old redemption, yeh I honestly don't expect to get it back but if I open a box of damaged goods, or it is missing stated hits then it's my right to expect them to replace it with something of equal value.

If I'm being unrealistic then maybe I need to rethink this hobby Sad

(02-02-2012, 02:57 PM)tsolson Wrote: Upper Deck did respond to your comment.

"John we appreciate your concerns and feedback. We share this feedback with all the members of our executive team and find feedback like this invaluable in terms of making our business better. Unfortunately, as we have shared before, when it comes to expired redemptions for leagues we no longer have a license for, we cannot assist with those cards."
this should explain it then.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

when it comes to expired redemptions for leagues we no longer have a license for, we cannot assist with those cards."

Why cant they just send you something else for a redemption card of 1 of those leagues that dont exist? Anything is better than nothing. Your telling me they dont have a ton of extra auto or gu stuff to send to people?