`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetic Case Question

Magnetic Case Question
Will storing a card in a case that is thicker then the card potentially damage the card?

Bought a bunch of Magnetic Cases for jersey cards etc, but need to display thin auto cards, and frankly dont want to have to buy new magnetics if i dont have to.

Any Experience with this?
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

RE: Magnetic Case Question
Yeah, you really dont wanna squeeze your cards into holders. General rule is if you have to force it, its too tight, you should be able to tap the card down into top loaders with relative ease. As for magnetic cases, I dont use them. Theyre nice and sturdy but the cards can move around and pick up some noticeable wear (especially visible on black borders).

Hope that answers your question, a bit unclear.

Edit: You want the right size for your cards, if theyre free to move around theyll wear over time. (biggest reason people hate PSA slabs)
-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

Thanks for the response, i just like the magnetic cases for the way they display. Guess i will have to look into some alternative solutions.

Ive never had a problem with magnetic cases as long as the card fits. The problem is finding the right size. I usually keep stock of 2 or so of each size from BOC just to make when I get a card that I have something to put it in.

I use the 35pt for all my thin auto cards-A pack of 24 is pretty cheap at BCW @ .97 cents each they only have the 30pt but I prefer the 35 pt-(search internet or D&A Card world) --a 30pt WILL work for most normal card on card or sticker autos
Will always be looking for 2012 or 2013 Panini Cooperstown Signatures for the two sets I'm building-Will trade in your favor--will ship first--Thanks

If the card is going in a display case then I wouldn't worry about the card moving around. If you're not worried about seeing the back of the card you could use something the same size as the card for a spacer, like in picture frames. Hope that helps.

I think im going to hit up my LCS for some thin ones for my autos at lunch, then ill have a bunch of larger ones for future use.

Thanks fellas.