`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats the thing to do here (ebay problem)

RE: Whats the thing to do here (ebay problem)
(01-26-2012, 12:05 PM)bennyfunk Wrote: You know what? I'd leave a negative feedback. I hate to say that because we all know the value of positive feedback and the damage/headache negative can cause, but:

You won the auction. It wasn't like it was a BIN- you had to put time into it, right? Plus, how hard is it for the seller to send you a message like: "Hey, it might be a few days before I can get that card to you. I've got quite a few items up for auction and I'm having trouble locating the card. If for any reason there is a problem I'll let you know ASAP and we'll work out refund/replacement arrangements"... that probably would have been nice to hear day 2- not "Cant find it I'll get you your money back" nearly a week later.

For the record, I've only left negative feedback once (and issue of not receiving the cards and no communication from the seller). I guess I've been lucky enough to have the rest of my transactions go smoothly
I think this is a two edged sword and not in the favor of the seller.
What about the buyer who does not pay for a week, gets notice and case opened and then does not pay at all?? Seller gets fees back, but CAN NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK AT ALL!!
So it is bad for a seller to not respond for 1 week, but ok for a buyer to ignore messages, invoices for a week then pay or NOT?
The seller responded, gave $$ back..accidents happen, heck..life happens!!! Sometimes it is out of your control. Why punish the seller for being honest, owning up to mistake, paying for his mistake,,now if it is a pattern..then...sure..punish,
That is why I said contact eBay about the seller, they keep stats, believe me, they keep stats..

I would not leave any feedback at all. You got your money back. Just hit the archive button and go on your way. Not worth worrying about.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(01-26-2012, 05:31 PM)sonnyday Wrote: I would not leave any feedback at all. You got your money back. Just hit the archive button and go on your way. Not worth worrying about.
Agreed!! Delete the entire transaction..something you can do on eBay and can not on Beckett!!!
Would you not love to delete some trades entirely!!! The ones where you accept the trade and the trader comes back and says..sorry, I can not find those/that card and the entire trade goes south..it will hang out for ever until you marked shipped and received...still can not delete it...

(01-26-2012, 05:25 PM)bonds20001 Wrote: I think this is a two edged sword and not in the favor of the seller.
What about the buyer who does not pay for a week, gets notice and case opened and then does not pay at all?? Seller gets fees back, but CAN NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK AT ALL!!
So it is bad for a seller to not respond for 1 week, but ok for a buyer to ignore messages, invoices for a week then pay or NOT?
The seller responded, gave $$ back..accidents happen, heck..life happens!!! Sometimes it is out of your control. Why punish the seller for being honest, owning up to mistake, paying for his mistake,,now if it is a pattern..then...sure..punish,
That is why I said contact eBay about the seller, they keep stats, believe me, they keep stats..
I hear what you're saying. -And it's a point well taken. But what he's rightfully TO'd about is the fact that a week passed before the seller said anything and it was only after being prompted about it, which is nonsense. Had the seller said something within the first couple days, this would be a different conversation.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(01-26-2012, 09:21 PM)uvaspina Wrote: I hear what you're saying. -And it's a point well taken. But what he's rightfully TO'd about is the fact that a week passed before the seller said anything and it was only after being prompted about it, which is nonsense. Had the seller said something within the first couple days, this would be a different conversation.
Agree there...I believe, as you know, in fast and often communications on deals..Could have be resolved so much easier!!