`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't wait for Feb. and 2012 Topps

RE: Can't wait for Feb. and 2012 Topps
I miss Topps Sterling. This was the time of year I would build my set.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

seriously, i havent bought a single card this year in anticipation of Topps 2012 Series 1
[Image: angelsbanner.jpg]

I can't for the life of me figure out why you're so excited for the 2012 stuff ... did the Angels sign anybody good this offseason?

(I'm kidding.)

Yeah, I hear you ... last year when Topps 1 came out, I think the BoSox Crawford and Gonzalez cards were short prints.

I wonder if they'll do that with Pujols?

But, I waited about a month for Topps Opening Day and got both of them in their new uniforms (airbrushed, but, hey) in a $10 blaster.

I know Opening Day isn't necessarily as much fun to bust as 'real' Topps, but it might be a cheaper way to pull a Pujols Halos card than chasing the short print.

I'm still waiting for my Tigers to sign Fielder, they really need that bat without Martinez.

Good luck to the Angels this year ... RJ

I'm impatiently waiting because I have a case coming. It's the first time I've ever bought a case so I'm excited.

(01-20-2012, 07:49 PM)piyn Wrote: I'm impatiently waiting because I have a case coming. It's the first time I've ever bought a case so I'm excited.
+1

Good luck to both of you guys ... if the Pujols is short printed, may you each pull 2 or 3 (at least) ...

Yeah, so, the Pujols is going to be short-printed, like we thought.

I'm assuming that Topps Opening Day will include the Angels Pujols and the Marlins Reyes just like they did last year with BoSox cards of Gonzalez and Crawford.

The only reason that I bring this up is that if you don't want to spend a lot of money on regular Topps Series I by chasing the short prints, just wait about a month for Opening Day and it's a much cheaper option.

The book value isn't nearly what the SP will be, but if you're just interested in the card itself it's probably going to be identical except for the Opening Day logo.

Probably too late for a Fielder Tigers card I'm guessing (?) ...

Im going to wait on the Pujols card until he comes out in a card where he is really wearing the Angels uniform, none of this airbrush bs

I'm looking forward to a Pineda Yankees card, but I doubt we will see it in Topps Series 1. I just made a trade for him in fantasy baseball too.