`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2011 Topps Magic Football

RE: 2011 Topps Magic Football
Is this going to be a midnight, doorbuster sale? If so, their.....lackluster site will probably crash.

(01-24-2012, 10:22 AM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Is it just me, or is this one of Topps' worst mistakes in recent memory? How could they possibly miss the mark with Topps Magic so badly?

1- The cards are just hideous.
2- $20 a pack? Last year's set, which was WILDLY popular was something like $2.50 per pack or so? Topps Magic is NOT a $20 per pack product, and they are aiming it at a completely different target market this year.
3- ALL rookies?!?!? I like the rookies in Topps Magic, but one of the things I liked was that there were chances for veteran GU and autos. I got a Champ Bailey GU in one pack and I thought that was super cool to get a vet GU that you don't see that often.
4- There are 100 different rookie autos in the checklist. That means you have about a 15% chance of even getting a semi-decent rookie auto.
5- I didn't see anything about minis. Although I hate them, that was one of the more popular parts of Magic last year.
6- Did I mention the cards are hideous?
You did notice the one Auto per pack right.

Apparently Topps thinks an auto is worth about $17.50 LOL

The thing that gets me is they say Andy Dalton signed for the set yet he is not listed on the auto checklist?

Where is the checklist??

Checklist, http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/...=11MagicFB

Not sure why they would put a limit of just 25 on them.

I ordered the household limit of 25.

Here is my theory on production to date since they limited the product to 25 per household. It looked like they had 4477 sets in stock online which means they probably did like 5000 boxes. boxes = 55000 cards = total of 550 sets which you can assume 10% are auto's since 1 out of 11 cards are auto's meaning 500 of each regular card and 50 of each auto some are probably SP so there may be more of some and less then others.

I am just guessing though. I have no actual knowledge of the print run that's just what the numbers look like based on the available inventory on release. Maybe if it sells well they do another run of 5000 boxes since they didn't release numbers making it not so limited. Not sure if they would do that though since they put a household limited on the product.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Dang lol I just got 2,Keep me in mind for any Cam's or Julios ya get Smile

(01-25-2012, 10:42 AM)warcraftin Wrote: Checklist, http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/...=11MagicFB

Here is my theory on production to date since they limited the product to 25 per household. It looked like they had 4477 sets in stock online which means they probably did like 5000 boxes. boxes = 55000 cards = total of 550 sets which you can assume 10% are auto's since 1 out of 11 cards are auto's meaning 500 of each regular card and 50 of each auto some are probably SP so there may be more of some and less then others.

I am just guessing though. I have no actual knowledge of the print run that's just what the numbers look like based on the available inventory on release. Maybe if it sells well they do another run of 5000 boxes since they didn't release numbers making it not so limited. Not sure if they would do that though since they put a household limited on the product.

(01-25-2012, 10:42 AM)warcraftin Wrote: Checklist, http://www.toppsonlinestore.com/servlet/...=11MagicFB

If you get any Jets base or autos, there are three of each (Greg McElroy, Bilal Powell & Jeremy Kerley) would you sell them, do you sell on the bay or privately?

on the black magic signature cuts, doesnt it look like they cut out the auto portion of topps inception cards??
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Thats exactly where they are from lol you can see part of their image on the topps certified autograph

(01-25-2012, 02:29 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: on the black magic signature cuts, doesnt it look like they cut out the auto portion of topps inception cards??

(01-25-2012, 02:35 PM)jdetter23 Wrote: Thats exactly where they are from lol you can see part of their image on the topps certified autograph
Man that is fugly looking lol. I dont think they are gonna hold much appreciation with collectors even being the rarer product. The regular autos look cool to me though, kinda old vintage style
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.