Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how "rare" are the "ultra rares"
Question 
how "rare" are the "ultra rares"
i was going through some cards and came across a 2008 UD Frank Thomas starquest ultra rare. I went looking on ebay and COMC but didnt see any. How rare are these?? I also noticed it has a scratch off on the back, what what that for???
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

RE: how "rare" are the "ultra rares"
According to Beckett Annual, the Ultra Rare were 1:24 retail/Target and 1:36 Walmart. There are a few on eBay right now including a couple Pujols for under $10. So they don't seem that rare.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=2008...m270.l1313
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I laughed at the description of those. When I was PC'ing Lincecum I came across them frequently and they are hardly 'ultra rare'. What's more rare: 'ultra rare' or 'super rare'?
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(01-17-2012, 09:44 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I laughed at the description of those. When I was PC'ing Lincecum I came across them frequently and they are hardly 'ultra rare'. What's more rare: 'ultra rare' or 'super rare'?
Yeah im noticing that its just the name thats rare lol. I think the ultra rares are but im not sure. I found a super rare among the ones i was going through, but the ultra rare looks rarer lol

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I think there might even be one rarer than the 'ultra rare' but who cares, wouldn't you like to see UD producing MLB cards again?
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

It's like the term "short print", which I have seen defined as being a card that has a print run of 1/4 - 1/3 lower than the standard print run. So if the original print run was 50,000, then you could, technically, have a "short print" card that has 40,000 copies made. They intentionally use relative terms
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

Mild Print! Silly Print..lol

lol theres one rarer than the ultra rare!!!! and yes id love to see upper deck back!

To heck with the "Super Rare" and the "Ultra Rare". I'd like mine "Well Done".
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html