`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help mike piazza error rookie

please help mike piazza error rookie
Hello I'm new to the forum. Been collecting for 25 years. I have a question. I have tried many places and have yet to find anyone that could give me any value or any info on this card. As far as I know or anyone I have talked to it is the only one to exist. In 1994 I bought a new topps baseball set and it had 40 cards missing the name of the player on the front. This Mike piazza rookie was one of them. Can anyone shed any light on this card please. I have had a lot of big offers for it but i hate to sell something that's as far as i know one of a kind and do not know the value. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you I tried to post a pic but it said the file is too large. But it is a 1994 Mike piazza rookie card that is missing his name on the front.

RE: please help mike piazza error rookie
I can't help but I wouldn't mind seeing a picture if you have one
David Justice - 1371/1747 - 78%

Joshua Fields Razor (31/42), David Thompson 08-09 UD Black (19/23),
David Pollack Autos (30/60), Mo Massaquoi Bowman Chrome RC (19/27),
Bobby Cox Tribute Autos (9/10), AJ Green Goodwin (7/11)

sounds like its a misprint and not an error so its hard to know that no other of his cards were misprinted back then. About the value i guess only a piazza collector would me strongly interested. Lets wait and see what others on here say.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(01-17-2012, 07:58 PM)armitage23 Wrote: I can't help but I wouldn't mind seeing a picture if you have one
I so have pics but It won't let me post them on here file too big

(01-17-2012, 08:00 PM)plumcrazy3742 Wrote: I so have pics but It won't let me post them on here file too big
you have to open a photobuckett account and then copy/paste the link on here
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

It is also missing the Topps logo on the front.... dead give away this was spose to be a Topps gold card that is missing the foil layer process. Your card is flawed, not a design error. Who ever offered you alot for this card you better jump on it. Missing foil was a common print mistake back in the 90's. Heck even happens still today. Not many people are willing to pay a premium for it.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(01-17-2012, 08:33 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: It is also missing the Topps logo on the front.... dead give away this was spose to be a Topps gold card that is missing the foil layer process. Your card is flawed, not a design error. Who ever offered you alot for this card you better jump on it. Missing foil was a common print mistake back in the 90's. Heck even happens still today. Not many people are willing to pay a premium for it.
That you for the info

My guess is that the Piazza and other cards were the bonus Topps Gold cards in the set and that they have a somewhat common printing flaw. The printing flaw occurs when the foil process doesn't happen properly leaving the card missing portions or all of the foil. I checked your listing and I am pretty much 100% certain of this, and here is why. There is no Topps logo on the front. The Topps Gold cards in 1994 used gold foil for the name of the player and the Topps logo (which was actually changed to say "Topps Gold"). The other reason I am certain is that on the regular version of the card the name and Topps logo are printed in white, and there are no other visible flaws on your card for the areas in white.

I just noticed that someone else beat me to the explanation as I got pulled away to deal with my baby halfway through typing.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/