IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking For Some Thoughts On PSA 5 57 Topps

Looking For Some Thoughts On PSA 5 57 Topps
Just got these at a good price

[Image: 2-2.jpg]

and wondering if it makes sense to try and do the whole set this way or try and pick them up raw.

Condition is really nice and could do it over time at a reasonable expense I think and you would know what you are getting.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

RE: Looking For Some Thoughts On PSA 5 57 Topps
I'm working on a 57 set as well, but ungraded; however, I just started a 67 set that I intend to have completely graded. But the only reason that I'm doing it is because I bought 1-460 in seemingly NM status. It was pretty awesome. I just sent in my first 20 to SGC to see what I get.
As for your 57's, if cost is no option, then definitely do it. However, grading an entire set is quite pricey, so I'd only do it if I knew I'd get 5's or better.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(01-06-2012, 04:49 PM)duck6700j Wrote: Just got these at a good price

[Image: 2-2.jpg]

and wondering if it makes sense to try and do the whole set this way or try and pick them up raw.

Condition is really nice and could do it over time at a reasonable expense I think and you would know what you are getting.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

I built my set raw and really enjoyed it. Easier to find cards and easier to store.
[Image: scan0031.jpg]
[Image: scan0032.jpg]

Photobucket

storage is a big consideration. I'm doing a set of 1960 Topps all graded and I did not think about it before I started. My raw set was in 1 binder, my graded set 80% done currently occupies 2 copier paper boxes. lol it also has been more expensive than I planned!

Hi Tina, I suppose its possible that all the cards are known Graded 5. There were people grading entire sets at one time, that may be too costly now.

You may have problems with the commons. Most of the Star and High val cards can justify grading but the commons not so much. You may end up buying raw and grading them yourself.

Its a great set, might be the cleanest ever produced by Topps and I think worth doing. Lol, but I'm not a set builder/collector. GOOD LUCK!

PS,,,they deleted my Large Lot Thread, so I lost all the names. I remember you wanted the Phillies. Going to start sorting cards soon and will post another Thread, when I have enough sorted, with permission this time.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

jt:Long term so should be able to do it if I can find them all.

sparty and basherBig Grinidn't think about storage, but found if you take the center out of a shoebox they fit nicely.Still a lot of soace though.Right now buying raw also since there are some really nice ones at decent prices.

Mel:Boys love the set.They also want to do a 72 and 75.No problem just let me know when you are ready.

Thanks everyone
(01-18-2012, 08:02 AM)radarblip Wrote: Hi Tina, I suppose its possible that all the cards are known Graded 5. There were people grading entire sets at one time, that may be too costly now.

You may have problems with the commons. Most of the Star and High val cards can justify grading but the commons not so much. You may end up buying raw and grading them yourself.

Its a great set, might be the cleanest ever produced by Topps and I think worth doing. Lol, but I'm not a set builder/collector. GOOD LUCK!

PS,,,they deleted my Large Lot Thread, so I lost all the names. I remember you wanted the Phillies. Going to start sorting cards soon and will post another Thread, when I have enough sorted, with permission this time.

(01-18-2012, 08:02 AM)radarblip Wrote: Hi Tina, I suppose its possible that all the cards are known Graded 5. There were people grading entire sets at one time, that may be too costly now.

mel: tigers for me

tina: nice pickupsSmile