Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montero is gone...Now what???

Montero is gone...Now what???
Hello everyone,
I was just wondering, with Montero now going to the Mariners who do the Yankees have in there farm besides Romine and Cervelli. I know Russell Martin will play full time but I was just wondering who else they have.
Thanks for any input.

RE: Montero is gone...Now what???
Have you heard of Gary Sanchez ?? As well as Eduardo Nunez?? Sanchez is young but a sweet catcher. Nunez will take over for Jeter next year. Anderson Feliz is also a great baller. As far as pitching now we have campos as well also manny b. laird and gambel are good outfield prospects as well

From what I've read, the Yankees didn't believe that montero would ever be able to play catcher on a full time basis. Some question whether he has the athleticism to play anywhere in the field for that matter. Projects as a demon young type I hear. I think Sanchez has a bright future.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Sanchez is gonna be a stud! Plus, J.P. (whom I trust in these matters) says that Campos is LEGIT. We'll see how it works out - in the mean time, sell Pineda now and hope that Montero gets traded again if you have a stash of him.

(01-14-2012, 12:25 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Have you heard of Gary Sanchez ?? As well as Eduardo Nunez?? Sanchez is young but a sweet catcher. Nunez will take over for Jeter next year. Anderson Feliz is also a great baller. As far as pitching now we have campos as well also manny b. laird and gambel are good outfield prospects as well
I know a lot a AROD fans are going to hate me for saying this but can we put Nunez on third. I think Jeter has two or three years left at SS before moving to DH.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(01-14-2012, 02:38 PM)beginesj Wrote: I think Jeter has two or three years left at SS before moving to DH.
I dont think Jeter will be a DH ever. I know he has a .300+ lifetime average, but I just dont see it happening. I think he lacks the power. Once he is older, it may not be a bad idea if still continues to hit .290+. When I think DH i think of David Ortiz, or Texeira. The big muscular guys... but that may be because I grew up watching baseball during the steroid era.

Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

I think Cervelli will get the job coming out of Spring Training, unless they pick up someone else.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-14-2012, 03:54 PM)charleybrown Wrote: I dont think Jeter will be a DH ever. I know he has a .300+ lifetime average, but I just dont see it happening. I think he lacks the power. Once he is older, it may not be a bad idea if still continues to hit .290+. When I think DH i think of David Ortiz, or Texeira. The big muscular guys... but that may be because I grew up watching baseball during the steroid era.
Normaly I agree but they made Posada a DH.
(01-14-2012, 04:26 PM)djohn Wrote: I think Cervelli will get the job coming out of Spring Training, unless they pick up someone else.
Cervelli will have the back up Catcher job but Martin will be the primary.
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

romine will be backup catcher now and jeter will not dh because he only has a few years on his contract left what is it 2 or 3 with an option or something
Photobucket

The Yankees have about 3 great catching prospects still in their minors to include Austin Romine, Gary Sanchez, and Cervelli. I can't believe that I just bought a Montero autographed ball and it arrived yesterday and now he is gone. I had a couple of Hector Noesi autograph cards too as I seemed to pick his out of box breaks.

Hmmm, does this open the DH spot up for Prince Fielder? No idea who the Yankees are going to DH now unless they don't believe A-Rod newest surgery in Germany will work and are ready to make him the DH and put Nunez at third.

Getting Pineda is awesome for the rotation though. Kuroda isn't too shabby either. The funny thing is that I found out about the trade via E-bay. I was checking the latest cards for the Yankees and kept wondering why there were a ton of Pineda in Seattle uniform cards. Went to ESPN and found the trade. Hehehehehe!