`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question

RE: Question
(01-10-2012, 10:01 PM)ds-cards Wrote: Stupid question, but was the centering very good on all of these cards? Even if slightly off it could really hurt the overall grade and could be a possible explanation for not getting any 9.5's. Topps Chrome is notorious for having centering issues.
Actually, they gave all 9.5's and then gave the corners 8.5 on some that I didn't see anything wrong....
I decided to send 3 of them back in and one came back the same and still a 9 and the other 2 got the bumps needed to give them a 9.5. I cracked them all out and re-submitted. One card was an Aaron Rodgers Chrome Rookie that was originally given 9.5 on centering and 9's on the rest...2 of the subs went to 9.5 to give it an overall grade of 9.5 when I sent it back in...

RE: Question
(01-22-2012, 09:38 PM)dwise25 Wrote: Actually, they gave all 9.5's and then gave the corners 8.5 on some that I didn't see anything wrong....
I decided to send 3 of them back in and one came back the same and still a 9 and the other 2 got the bumps needed to give them a 9.5. I cracked them all out and re-submitted. One card was an Aaron Rodgers Chrome Rookie that was originally given 9.5 on centering and 9's on the rest...2 of the subs went to 9.5 to give it an overall grade of 9.5 when I sent it back in...
Exactly, and as someone else said this is subjective grading done by humans, the same card as you proved can get different grades based on who graded it or how they felt that day. I had a card come back ungraded with a note that said altered....well I KNEW that wasn't true, busted it out of the case, sent it back and it returned a 9. But this is true with all of the companies so unfortunately until this is done by machine it's the best we have.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]