`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some help: What boxes should I pick up next?

Need some help: What boxes should I pick up next?
Just a little background....I've been out of the hobby for a few years now and have just recently come back to it. I only collect Topps Chrome base & refractor sets from 2009 forward. I could go and buy a few boxes of those; but, they won't give me much in the way of trade bait which is more of what I'm looking at with this round of boxes. This is where I need a little help. There's a number of new additions to the hobby since I was last a part of it and frankly I looking to get the best bang for my buck as well as getting a fair amt./quality for trade bait (not really looking for a box that'll give me 3 1 color GU of lesser players). I'm looking to spend between $200-$300 on boxes. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

*Or I could always take the $200-$300 to ebay and stock up on trade bait that way; but, I like the thrill of busting boxes.

RE: Need some help: What boxes should I pick up next?
Naturally, eBay will be your best bet. For box busting though, I really like certified and absolute, those tend to yield me the best results. The one color crap is in there, but I think your best bet to land something decent lies in those two
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

I say go certified or take the 300 and get a box of sterling Smile just my 2 cents ... or get some gridiron gear...

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

'09 SPA is still the best break in my opinion with live redemptions (til 1/26).

(01-09-2012, 12:00 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I say go certified or take the 300 and get a box of sterling Smile just my 2 cents ... or get some gridiron gear...
+1 on the sterling. Lots of 1 color stuff in there though. But 19 hits for $300 can't be gawked at
[Image: 9cef0db8.jpg]

Always interested in quality Barnes, Red Sox, and Patriots

SP Authentic comes out here soon. It might be some good trade bait. Of the stuff thats out I'd say Certified,Absolute is more expensive and you might end up with some duds.Tongue Could always try some 2010 Topps Magic.They are easy to trade.

Sterling is one I hadn't thought of. Thanks for bringing it up. I guess I should clarify a little bit regarding my statement on 1 color GU. What I was referring to is stuff like Classics or Leaf R&S (among others) where 99% of the GU are 1 color (including prime patches) that book for 6-8 and have very little value (not much help as trade bait) and you end with 3 out of the 4 "hits" being these GUs even though you spend $80 for the box.

i been getting alot lof bowman 2008..i have 2 matt ryan cards alone worth 120.00 and 150.00.....the best thing to do is see what boxes guarentee autos or speciality cards.. to get more bang for your buck. i been collecting since 75 )

Bowman Sterling is a great box to bust. Its not topps chrome but it is the same kind of concept!

if you wanna bust alot.. ive had great success with finest and R&S longevity.. theyre only 40 bucks a box at my lcs(idk yours) and ive gotten great results outve the longevity this year.. esp a von miller 1/5 prime patch 4clr.. its in my 2011 football category if you wanna peek at my breaks(the von is the only card i have scanned from longevity)
[Image: TT8dhuE.png]
Collecting Terrell Owens,Tom Brady,Peyton Manning, Josh Hamilton, Alex Smith
If you don't have any HIGH end cards, please don't try to acquire one of mine. Thank you.