`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My pickups from the US version of Hockey Card Day....

My pickups from the US version of Hockey Card Day....
I don't see anyone else from the states posting their breaks from Saturday, not sure why? Was it not a big hit? ...Here's my small haul.....

My 5 card pack of NHCD -
[Image: NHDPack0001.jpg]
Stoked about the Lundqvist! The Tim Thomas was an extra giveaway for the set. The set consists of 15 cards with Thomas being the 16th SP if you can call it that LOL

My shop had 1/2 price singles for the occasion so I nabbed a couple for the PC:

PC Pickups -
[Image: NHDpickups0001.jpg]

2 1973-74 Topps I needed for my set. Only missing 8 now if any one has any to trade. Plus a Glenn Anderson 2009-10 The Cup Stanley Cup Signatures #30/50. This is his only auto in a Rangers Uniform so I had to grab it! The only bummer is he signed a #9 instead of #36. This is for a project I just started, Glenn is the 1st addition, Smile I want an autograph of every player to play with the Rangers in 1993-94 in a Rangers uniform, (even if they didn't actually win the Cup with them that year) unless no card exsists, then anyone will do.

I'm not going to pursue this too heavily at first but I will be looking HAHAHAHA

Comments welcome.....
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

RE: My pickups from the US version of Hockey Card Day....
I completed the 1994 NYR's auto project a few years ago.

Image Link: http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr117...m%20Autos/

The only players without certified auto's were: Mike Hudson, Greg Gilbert and Mike Hartman.

Good luck, its a fun project!

Good pull on the Thomas. I didn't post my breaks, but I did put in the trade forum what I have available for trade. I opened about 35 packs and didn't pull the Thomas and was only able to make 1 full set out of that many packs. Your Ovechkin was one that I only got about 3 of, but the others I have around 20 or so of.

As for the popularity of it, I guess it just depends on location. I went to 2 shops in the St. Louis metro east area in Illinois and both shops told me they had no one go in specifically looking for the cards. The first shop I went to at about 3 PM told me that they only had 1 person take a pack all day before I came in. They were going to close at 4 so he let me take a whole mess of em.

nice breaks and nice PC pick ups

none of my lcs had it :foottapping: but I am supposedly getting some Canadian Day ones from one up north of me Big Grin

using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I enjoyed collecting the 73-74 Topps set when I was a kid. Like the Jagr card.
Collecting all the Ron Hextall Cards especially those
pesky 1 of 1 cards and other low print runs.
I am also collecting Bernie Parent, Pelle Lindbergh,
Antero Niittymaki & other Flyers goalies.
http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww288/dam1057/

Thanks for the comments guys!

Androsfl - Your set looks great! I can't wait to finish mine, I figured I would take my time though. Most of those autos aren't going away anytime soon. Smile I have the Keenan coming in now so I'll have 2 off the list. I have Richter too since he's my main PC so I may wait on him. That'll give me 3! I'm also taking it a step further and getting only in Rangers uniform autos plus I'm going to try and get everyone they traded that year, like Amonte and Gartner.

Slufan83 - It is unfortunate that it wasn't bigger here. I hope UD still does one next year. The Thomas was a giveaway card. You had to ask for it. It wasn't inserted into packs. I'm actually going to call one shop that's close by and see if they have any packs left. Smile

bonnev659 - If I can get some packs would you like some?
dam1057 - Do you have any 73-74 for trade? I could include the jagr in a deal Smile I need these 8.....
#10 Ken Dryden
#17 Marcel Dionne
#68 Ivan Boldirev
#116 Checklist Card
#120 Phil Esposito
#150 Bobby Orr
#165 Brad Park
#188 Gilles Marotte
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%

I didn't know that you had to ask for the Thomas. Both shops I went to didn't even mention anything about that specific card.

Nice stuff
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

Thanks!

Slu - I wouldn't have gotten it either had I not remembered you had to ask for it. They weren't exactly offering it up. I'll see if I can grab a couple of those too.
Collecting
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%