`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flames make blockbuster trade............

Flames make blockbuster trade............
This is huge for us, Will save our season and make us contend for the Cup, so stoked!

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Flames+swap...story.html

Until King, all the scouting staff are relieved of their duties, this team is destined to sink further. We already have a 42 million dollar salary hit for next year. 12 UFA's to sign and about 15-17 millions dollars of room. I say the major problem in the NHL is the 3-4 million dollar (per year) multi year deals are suffocating teams. Stajan style players should not even be in the NHL (IMO) and the Flames are full of them. Corporate Calgary buys all the tickets, there is a waiting list for seasons tickets and the Flames have no pressure to win. 3 playoff round wins since 89 (Cup year) in unnacceptable anywhere. Kipper WILL be moved, no doubt in my mind. There I feel better! No disrespect here, they are all 100 times better than I will ever be, but I am allowed my opinion. Cheers.......

RE: Flames make blockbuster trade............
Due to the internet, I'm unable to determine if you are being sarcastic with your opening statement.

If you are, Well, Than i agree with you, and ignore all further text from me in this post.

If you are not, Well, Are things really that bad where you're excited about a 4 point player in 22 games? or the fact that he's played in 78 nhl games since 2005? I mean granted, they did trade somebody who wasn't even suiting up for the team, so i guess it was a win win.... On that note, I can feel you though. I live in detroit and i have to cheer for the Detroit Lions....Who have never won a playoff game since the superbowl took effect. The only 0-16 team in history. Need i say more? At least this year, they're in the playoffs...playing the saints though. ha. oh well. Baby steps, right?
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

And most people on Long Island would give up their first born child to have the Flames & Islanders switch places right now.

Contractually, Vancouver's not too far off from Calgary...until you factor in no movement clauses.
It's not the NHL's problem. Other teams are managing just fine (Van, Bos, Chi, etc). The problem is with the Flames management. Trades that are either useless or don't make much sense, contracts that make Luongo's look good, focusing more on talking down about the Oilers system than fixing their own. Calgary's management is terrible and lazy which isn't a good mix. They've managed this team to the point where fans actually want Iginla and Kipper moved instead of "replaced" once they retire/sign somewhere else.

Basically, it looks like the Flames are being run by a bunch of 17 year olds who got in over their heads and won't admit they need help.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(01-06-2012, 02:44 PM)wickabee Wrote: Contractually, Vancouver's not too far off from Calgary...until you factor in no movement clauses.
It's not the NHL's problem. Other teams are managing just fine (Van, Bos, Chi, etc). The problem is with the Flames management. Trades that are either useless or don't make much sense, contracts that make Luongo's look good, focusing more on talking down about the Oilers system than fixing their own. Calgary's management is terrible and lazy which isn't a good mix. They've managed this team to the point where fans actually want Iginla and Kipper moved instead of "replaced" once they retire/sign somewhere else.

Basically, it looks like the Flames are being run by a bunch of 17 year olds who got in over their heads and won't admit they need help.
When I say the NHL's problem, I am just saying that the 3-4 year deals given to people like Mike Commodore with Columbus( 5 million a season I think) who is a great guy, but cannot even skate backwards is what is starving teams abilities to move forward. Our farm system is and always has been a joke. Edmonton has so many kids fighting to play and come up and all we have is Sven Baertschi who by the way is great. We are turning skilled goal scorers (Backlund,Horak) into penalty killers and being defensive minded. We are way down on the goals for category for this reason.

I saw this thread and I thought Iginla and or Kipper were traded.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

After getting smoked by Boston, I actually thought a serious trade was made...Something tells me Leyland Irving won't be seeing much ice in the NHL any time soon
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

it is a start of something
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)