`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A word of thanks

RE: A word of thanks
(01-05-2012, 11:09 PM)Krangry Wrote: Im loving trading, not so sure my wife is loving my shipping costs, but she will be ok haha. Really wish there were people that came into the LCS's looking to trade, a lot like the guy above where its mostly game card players in the LCS. Whatever they gotta do to stay open is alright by me haha.
MY wife is always bustin my chops about the shipping costs too. There are about 5 LCS in San Diego but only one really has a place you can sit down and hang out and talk cards but it's hard to get anyone to trade with you. If your not part of their usual clique they dont even want to show you their cards. But this website has made collecting that much more fun and I love it.
[Image: zmhower2469.png]

I'm in the same boat with you, although I am only a college kid, its been hard to find people to trade with or that even share an interest in the hobby. This Beckett community has been great and I've loved trading. Hopefully one day you and I can get a trade going!
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

Man, im always tip towing around my family other then my parents about getting into collecting. My buddies really busted my balls until they were over and looked at the cards. Nothing like it was when we were kids with all of the auto / patch /etc cards.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

(01-05-2012, 11:15 PM)Krangry Wrote: Man, im always tip towing around my family other then my parents about getting into collecting. My buddies really busted my balls until they were over and looked at the cards. Nothing like it was when we were kids with all of the auto / patch /etc cards.
Oh yeah, my friends and fiance get all over me about spending money on the cards and such, but once they see the cards and autos, they love them. Haha.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

Welcome aboard. As I live in England there are no hobby stores and finding trading parnters on the base is difficult. So the Beckett community is the best place and I have had a great experience on here.
(01-05-2012, 11:02 AM)jtraven42 Wrote: Over the past few days, I've made my first couple of trades. I'd like to take a moment to thank my trading partners for rolling the dice on trading with a new guy who has zero feedback. I know that can be a daunting proposition, so I appreciate it. I plan on gradually adding more and more cards to my org and increasing my reputation as a reliable trader. That's important to me.
One of the true joys of collecting, for me, has always been the trading aspect. But as a guy in his late 30's, it's quite difficult to find local, in person, trading partners. Accessing this site and beginning to trade has been awesome.
I look forward to dealing with you all as I try to complete my sets and collecting goals.
Happy 2012, y'all.
-Jason
Ted Williams/Vintage Red Sox collector

(01-05-2012, 11:17 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: Oh yeah, my friends and fiance get all over me about spending money on the cards and such, but once they see the cards and autos, they love them. Haha.
Thank god i sold a couple cards for paypal money, or my wife would shoot me for the card im bidding on right now. lol
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

We are about to close our first deal and so far its been a great experience, so keep it coming. You'll be consider among the best in no time. We are always happy to add another great trader to the Beckett community.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

We are about to close our first deal and so far its been a great experience, so keep it coming. You'll be consider among the best in no time. We are always happy to add another great trader to the Beckett community.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(01-06-2012, 01:44 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: We are about to close our first deal and so far its been a great experience, so keep it coming. You'll be consider among the best in no time. We are always happy to add another great trader to the Beckett community.
Dude, love your new banner! I gotta get me one a' those!!!
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.