`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
EBay sellers crack me up!!!!!

RE: EBay sellers crack me up!!!!!
This is also happening on checkoutmycards.com as well. Thier is a guy thier who has a Cris carter auto i want they sell on ebay when they come up for like 20-30 but he wants 120 or and has 3. It also says that the bv is less than 1/2 of what he is asking. Why have a card up thier if you dont really want to sell it.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(12-31-2011, 04:10 PM)msimonds Wrote: wavy, haven't seen you in a while! Where ya been?
I am on everyday Smile I just don't post often
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/

(12-31-2011, 04:20 PM)gadsden86 Wrote: This is also happening on checkoutmycards.com as well. Thier is a guy thier who has a Cris carter auto i want they sell on ebay when they come up for like 20-30 but he wants 120 or and has 3. It also says that the bv is less than 1/2 of what he is asking. Why have a card up thier if you dont really want to sell it.

He probably does it because you can ask up to half off of what the seller is asking, so he figures that if someone does that he will get BV out of it, unfortunately for everyone is not a moron

Hey guys, don't you know in the world of sportscards that a multicolored patch means the card is worth more? At least that's what the dingbats at my card show always say. Let me give you an example:
[Image: IMG_0002-9.jpg]

I collect these cards, there are 40 of them altogether, and they all have multicolored patches. The card is around 30 bucks, but would you believe that I've had to deal with some people demanding a premium because "hey man, it's a letter!". REALLY???? Buddy they are ALL LETTERS! I own 20 of them, I should know.
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Another fun line i hear from sellers is "i havent looked at a beckett in 10 years...beckett is garbage...this exact card sold for x amount last week, blah blah blah."
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

IF you don't like the price, then don't buy it. I don't see the problem.

If a guy gets hot, the BV will be the same for awhile...case and point this year with Demarco Murray.

People who put cards on ebay for higher prices will wait for the higher price. IF over time the market dictates that its a lower price, they will lower the price. no big deal.

(12-31-2011, 07:23 PM)dwest13cavs Wrote: IF you don't like the price, then don't buy it. I don't see the problem.

If a guy gets hot, the BV will be the same for awhile...case and point this year with Demarco Murray.

People who put cards on ebay for higher prices will wait for the higher price. IF over time the market dictates that its a lower price, they will lower the price. no big deal.
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127

Agree that there are some WAY inflated prices on the bay, I usually try and snag a card through bidding, usually get them cheaper than a BIN of the same card.

I do somewhat agree about what was said about Demarco Murray. When he was hot his cards were selling over book value for a short period of time until the pricing caught up and was updated. So I would understand why someone would put a BIN now for 20-40% higher than book. But 2-3x book, that's ridiculous. Wouldn't get my business.

(12-31-2011, 07:23 PM)dwest13cavs Wrote: IF you don't like the price, then don't buy it. I don't see the problem.

You're right, it is their card and they are free to list at and accept any price they choose. There are many sellers that list auctions over market value but still do so to a reasonable extent.

The ones that are amusing to me are the extreme examples that are just so absolutely ridiculous. Is it just me or are they also annoying to look at and come across?

For example, I saw a person list a Scott Skiles base set card from 93/94 Fleer Ultra at a BIN of $50 just because it was graded PSA 10 and supposedly was a "Population 1" card. I mean really? A card with a .20 cent BV is now $50 because it is Gem Mint? I told him that for his asking price I could buy two factory boxes of the same product and pull hundreds of these "base set commons" in Gem Mint condition.

Geez, it's about time someone said this.