`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury: Immediate effect on murray card values

RE: Injury: Immediate effect on murray card values
Sorry to see him injured and out but maybe he will finally make time to sign his stickers and I might just get my 2011 Absolute Memorabilia #205 DeMarco Murray RPM AU/299 RC EXCH soon!
[Image: BeckettSig_zpsc5cf9bf2.jpg]

(12-12-2011, 03:28 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: ya bandwagon, its gotta be, kinda odd to see such a drop over a ankle break. Is that the norm these days with the online market now? I guess it will be good for the low budget, but it sucks as a fan. Now we gotta try and win the rest of the season, hope the giants drop one and hope felix can stay healthy as the current and only rb on the roster.
Unfortunately most of this hobby is a bandwagon game. Look at Gronk, look at Newton. Your boys prices will drop like bricks, and if you're a true collector, this has to be music to your ears!!! Grab what you can and enjoy it.

If you were doing it to turn a profit, then grab up some more cheap stuff and hope he comes back next year to 1000 yards. Wink If he doesn't, then as a prospector, those are the breaks.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(12-12-2011, 04:32 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Unfortunately most of this hobby is a bandwagon game. Look at Gronk, look at Newton. Your boys prices will drop like bricks, and if you're a true collector, this has to be music to your ears!!! Grab what you can and enjoy it.

If you were doing it to turn a profit, then grab up some more cheap stuff and hope he comes back next year to 1000 yards. Wink If he doesn't, then as a prospector, those are the breaks.
YES good point! Ive had to sell a few and did make a decent profit, but it was so i could go get some more of his stuff. I fully intend to keep collecting him, as personally i dont think a ankle break is that big of a career changing thing...right?? It does have some long term complications like stiffness and lose of flexibility, but ankles dont have much movement to begin with and usually if you need that extra bit your about to get a sprain at least.

It just sucks when it happens to your guys(both of my rb's this year). Not cool as a fan, and as a small budget collector its like dang, there goes my get some more stuff budget padder.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

as much as this sucks, I cant wait to get some highend 1/1's at reasonable prices
Supercollecting DeMarco Murray LMK if you have anything
PC Stats: 860/1435. 91 1/1's, 189 Autos, 182 Gu, 216 #ed, 180 Base/RC's

[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

(12-12-2011, 05:59 PM)CowboysFan829488 Wrote: as much as this sucks, I cant wait to get some highend 1/1's at reasonable prices
that aint no lie man, i give it a week or two they they hit rock bottom again, maybe sooner since you can already see a big difference in activity. Its crazy how fast they sky rocketed, i got 2 for cheap and the rest at at least 90%+ BV. Would be a great thing for my measly budget, but your right it sucks bad as a fan.

I say take advantage of it. If Ben Tate hadn't injured his ankle last year there's no way I would have the high-end cards I do. Only bad thing, not too many high-end cards are listed when they're selling 50% of what they were, but when they do, you can get really lucky
[Image: scan0058-2-1.jpg][/URL]
[Image: scan0049-1_zpsa96ce2c3.jpg][/URL]

(12-12-2011, 06:03 PM)lpearce7 Wrote: I say take advantage of it. If Ben Tate hadn't injured his ankle last year there's no way I would have the high-end cards I do. Only bad thing, not too many high-end cards are listed when they're selling 50% of what they were, but when they do, you can get really lucky
Honestly i wish ben would get traded, he has way too much talent to be just wasting away in the shadows of foster. When he does i hope you have a few dupes for a budget padderWink

(12-12-2011, 06:03 PM)lpearce7 Wrote: I say take advantage of it. If Ben Tate hadn't injured his ankle last year there's no way I would have the high-end cards I do. Only bad thing, not too many high-end cards are listed when they're selling 50% of what they were, but when they do, you can get really lucky
I agree!!! I have a heck of a great start with some fantastic and super rare cards in my Shipley PC due to his injury... I say BUY THEM UP MAN... collect who you like, please don't collect for "investment..." you will get burned EVERY time if you do... (pretty much) keep at it man... he will be back, and NOW is the time to grab his best stuff for cheap!!!
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Book values are still the same for the time being, lol!
[Image: IMG_0004-3-1-1-1-1.jpg][Image: dcb5423c-6775-419e-9e21-4965884632ba.jpg]

He's a great investment now, wait till the offseason, they will drop even lower. If you play it right cards can be a solid investment, takes a little luck too. Like Big Lump said, Murray and Charles are good investments, also Tate is a decent one. Its all about who's hot at the moment. I'd say another good one is Bradford in his down year.