Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark McGwire ceramic card?
Music 
Mark McGwire ceramic card?
I recently picked up a Mark McGwire card, numbered out of 10,000, which is ceramic, a reprint of his 1985 Topps Team USA rookie card and says on the back it was made by the R&N China company. But I'm having a hard time locating it in the database. Can someone help? I've attached a couple photos...hopefully they show up.

Many thanks,
Stan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

RE: Mark McGwire ceramic card?
(12-10-2011, 11:03 AM)clydeclod Wrote: I recently picked up a Mark McGwire card, numbered out of 10,000, which is ceramic, a reprint of his 1985 Topps Team USA rookie card and says on the back it was made by the R&N China company. But I'm having a hard time locating it in the database. Can someone help? I've attached a couple photos...hopefully they show up.

Many thanks,
Stan
I just listed a whole bunch of those on the bay for a buddy of mine. I've been collecting for a long time and had never sen anything like it. After some research, I found that R&N was licensed from topps to make these cards, and have been doing so for quite some time. They also make plates and other stuff like that. They're pretty cool, I think.
You can take a look at my listing if you want to see other examples. It shouldn't be too hard to find.
[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

I have seen the Nolan Ryan Porcelain. But even a McGwire doesnt show up
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Do either of you (or anyone else, for that matter) know what set this is a part of? Where I might be able to look to find more from Beckett about its value?

im pretty sure they came from the home shopping network. im also fairly sure they are no in the online price guide