`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2001 Albert Pujols Bowman Chrome issue

2001 Albert Pujols Bowman Chrome issue
I was hoping someone can help me. Back in 2001 i was lucky enough to get the 2001 redemption card for the 2001 Bowman Chrome AUTO Pujols (RC). I redeemed myself it back in 2001 I got the card straight from TOPPS. Ive been the only owner, never has left my hands as I have had it all these years.

I finally this year decided to grade it, and I mailed it to PSA. It took them a good month, and they sent it back saying they cannot grade it because its been ALTERED, that the back has a "shaved edge".

How can this card be ALTERED as i got it straight from TOPPS off my redemption back in 2001? Its been in a plastic screwdown case the day I got it. Never took it out. Never shown it to anyone. Just been in my hands all these years.

Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

Ive contacted TOPPS directly, and all they do is say they will get back to me. Its been about 1 month and they have yet to give me any feedback.

I can tell you right now, I can look at this card and I dont see any shaved edge at all. It looks perfectly clean.

Would like to know any thoughts if someone has had this problem.
Ive read the stories of the fake pujols cards, but mine is 100% real, as I said i redeemed it directly myself though Topps.

thank you for your time.

RE: 2001 Albert Pujols Bowman Chrome issue
send it to Beckett grading

(12-09-2011, 10:24 PM)cspen Wrote: send it to Beckett grading
I forgot to mention that. I did send it to Beckett as well, JSA, and they graded it a Beckett 8 ALTERED. So right now its slabbed in a JSA Beckett 8 Altered case.

any thoughts?

have scans of the card? front and back?
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

(12-09-2011, 10:27 PM)morphosis74 Wrote: I forgot to mention that. I did send it to Beckett as well, JSA, and they graded it a Beckett 8 ALTERED. So right now its slabbed in a JSA Beckett 8 Altered case.

any thoughts?
I think some one is pulling our leg.... Beckett wouldnt grade an "altered" card an "8".... lol... thats just silly.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(12-10-2011, 01:00 AM)cptnemo66 Wrote: I think some one is pulling our leg.... Beckett wouldnt grade an "altered" card an "8".... lol... thats just silly.
Beckett sends altered cards back without grading them. I got bamboozled by a Cal Ripken Jr. rookie once with shaved edges.

nice try op, what are you 12?

This guy has been a member since 2006 and only had 3 post ? There is the answer, we are not suckers dude and neither is psa... Lol

I think you have misunderstood me, so let me clarify.

I sent the card to PSA, they sent it back saying they cannot grade it because they say its been "altered". So I sent it to Beckett/JSA and they Slabbed it "Authentic" - ALTERED with a Beckett 8 Autograph and they sent a little piece of paper with a diagram saying the back sides have been "shaved".

But I am trying to protest this because this card was redeemed by me back in 2001. I redeemed it myself, sent it directly to Topps and I got the Pujols card directly myself from Topps. I have been the only owner and I got the redemption right out of the pack back in 2001. So if anyone shaved the card, it was Topps themselves. Ive been trying to reach Topps and all they do is say the will get back to me. Its been going on for about a month.

So i am trying to find out is there a history of this happening with redeemed cards from Topps? I dont get how I can get this directly from Topps and its ALTERED. If i bought it from a dealer then that would be something else, but I got this directly from Topps. They have my redeemed # on file showing it was me who redeemed it. Just really upset that this is considered altered.

Bro, What the heck is wrong with Beckett as the same thing happened to me! I also have a 01 Bowman Chrome Pujols RC auto and actually bought it in spring 2011 as an "old label" BGS 8.5 / auto 10. I searched the BGS# and found out it was graded all the way back in 2001 and figured I would have a good chance at a bump in grade given how many Pujols they must have been receiving around that time and how strict the grading must have been with so many cards to compare side by side. So, I carefully cracked it from the BGS case and submitted for grading . This time the card came back a BGS 9 / Auto 10 with almost all the sub-grades getting a bump....it was now very close to a BGS 9.5 (which didn't surprise me in the least as I thought it was an easy BGS 9.5 / auto 10....the worst sub-grade was centering and upon close comparison with other BC Pujols RC's, mine should have had a 9.5 for centering).

Ok fast forward to a recent card show with Beckett Raw Card Review. I cracked out the Pujols again out of the slab and submitted it, hoping to hit a BGS 9.5.....drum roll.....

It came back "altered, with a shaved edge"...... R U SERIOUS???? It was already successfully slabbed 2 times and all of a sudden it is now shaved?? WOW.