`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Autograph/Memorabilia Authenticity Question

Autograph/Memorabilia Authenticity Question
Do you guys think that the auto's/memorabilia are authentic? I have been in the hobby for a long time, but I never considered this question. Just because there is a holographic sticker, it does not mean it's authentic. These are probably stupid questions, but where is the proof?
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

RE: Autograph/Memorabilia Authenticity Question
Goes the same for game used, and "event worn" how do we REALLY know they are the real deal?? TRUST I guess...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

well i guess is just a code of trust within the hobby. WE can all collectively agree if its topps authenticated or panini or whoever you like and it say so on the card then we have a industry we can work with that is pre authenticated and ready to sell and collect.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Yeah I know it's "trust", but THAT'S the problem!!! There is no proof that they signed it, which really stinks.
Collecting: Crede, Luck, Tannehill, Osweiler, Cobb

Revolving signature

By your definition, the only way to validate an autograph would be to witness it being signed first hand. And even then, it could be a genetic clone, body double, cyborg with a PHD in phony handwriting Rolleyes

Usually jerseys are received by card companies in the mail with a statement from the player that says he wore them, hardly ever are jerseys transmitted hand to hand so there really is no way to verify that they were worn or not. But if you can't trust the card companys or the players themselves, perhaps you picked the wrong hobby.