`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Spelling Error For 2001 "Pennant Aggression"?

Spelling Error For 2001 "Pennant Aggression"?
I was going through some old cards today when I came across a 2001 Fleer Genuine Pennant Aggression card #8 (Barry Bonds). Everything seemed fine until I turned the card over and saw that the word "aggression" was spelled as "agression". I was wondering if this mistake has been seen by others and if it is common for the entire set? Probably a note should be made regarding the spelling error for the set. Thanks for the info.

RE: Spelling Error For 2001 "Pennant Aggression"?
Looking at several different back scans of this card from 2 different websites it looks like a printing mistake and not an error due to the fact they didn't re-print the card to correct the spelling mistake.

I also checked out cards from other players in the set like Griffey, A-Rod etc and it appears that the same spelling mistake is on these cards also so I'd say the whole set is like that. Its funny though cause the word aggression is spelled correctly on the front of the card but not the back. Guess someone in the QC department was a sleep at the wheel on print day, haha.
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)