`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any one else have this problem ?

RE: any one else have this problem ?
Yep have problem with the wife and my collection. Had cards go flying through the house. That is why the PC is locked up and she doesnt have the key to that door. I just make sure I buy her a purse or some shoes on a regular basis and we have an unspoken rule not to talk about my spending or I start mentioning her scratch off ticket and shoe addiction.
[Image: yankees2copy.jpg]

My wife doesn't pay any attention to my addiction... I guess if she doesn't ask she will not hear something that she doesn't want to know. I have my room and my collections and she knows where I'm at.

Ray

(11-30-2011, 11:38 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yes yes, because dishonesty and deception in a marriage is a healthy thing

what she dont know, she cant be pissed off at you for, AMIRITE?

/sarcasm font
While I understand your point...

I remember reading a story a few years back in our local fish-wrap about a wife that burned her husbands entire collection...which included a complete set of 56 Topps...She said she was tired of him spending his evenings on Ebay...

Maybe if he had just gone to the stripper bar instead...

If your wife and you don't agree that is an issue. The guys telling you to hide or lie to her about it are foolish IMO. The ground work for your relationship has to be honesty. You guys need a common ground. My wife got a Coach purse for the last good amount of cards I got. That was 2 years ago though. She doesn't get mad as long as its not bill money and she gets the same treatment. She can spend a little if I can. She also wants the same attention. If the cards get in the way of "us" time or the kids, honey do list etc then its an issue. You may find that the cards wouldn't be such an issue if the priorities are set in order.

If she still has issues with your hobby after all that then your issue may not be the hobby after all. A good loving wife should respect her husband and his hobby if its dealt with in a reasonable manner. My guess is you have one of those wives that does not collect anything, am I right? Those are the hardest to deal with cause they don't understand the reasons or the chase in a true collectors heart.

Good Luck man!!!

Oh, and to the people calling you childish, you will find they have little room to talk. Going to the bar and drinking sill is childish, watching shows like the Simpsons could be called childish, honking at the driver who cuts you off and throwing the bird could be childish. The point is they likely have their own childish acts. If yours is cards then so be it man. Ignore them for sure. Your passion is for a hobby that brings us all back to a place most would love to be again, our childhood. Try to remember how care free childhood was for most. If this brings me closer to my childhood then childish is fine by me.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Boy am I glad to be married to my wife Smile
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

(11-30-2011, 04:58 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Boy am I glad to be married to my wife Smile
+1

(11-30-2011, 04:58 PM)beatles guy Wrote: Boy am I glad to be married to my wife Smile
+2
Main Players: Derek Jeter, Mike Sweeney, Brett Hull, Jordan Binnington, Brendan Gallagher, Jaden Schwartz and Leon Draisaitl
Sets: Allen & Ginter mini, 2018 Archives, 2019 Heritage, 2019-20 OPC/Upper Deck Series 1 & 2 Hockey and 1956 Topps Baseball

(11-30-2011, 12:36 AM)Jakelovescards Wrote: I admit I am addicted to them. I love cards and have way to many and spend to much money. I know this. I try not ot buy more, but I just cant seem to help myself.
If this is accurate, this is your problem right here. Do you give your card collection more time/attention than you do your wife? Do you ever say things similar to what you said about the case, but about your wife?

Obviously I have very limited knowledge on your situation other than what you posted here but my initial reaction is that she is pissed that pieces of cardboard with other dude's photos on them are getting more attention than she is. Additionally, more money is probably going into those cards than going towards her. And yes, we can all say "Well at least I'm not using drugs/buying hookers/etc" but that's just trying to minimize the issue at hand and not actually address it.

Give her more attention/affection than the cards. Just my initial take. Hope all works out for you.

(11-30-2011, 08:12 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: If this is accurate, this is your problem right here. Do you give your card collection more time/attention than you do your wife? Do you ever say things similar to what you said about the case, but about your wife?

Obviously I have very limited knowledge on your situation other than what you posted here but my initial reaction is that she is pissed that pieces of cardboard with other dude's photos on them are getting more attention than she is. Additionally, more money is probably going into those cards than going towards her.

Just my initial take. Hope all works out for you.
This is along the same lines of what I said. This could be the issue man. Make sure you never lose site of priorities.

(11-30-2011, 02:57 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Dude, you are my brother from another mother.

I hear you. All kidding aside, I have actually tried to seek professional help for it, and the best the guy could come up with was, 'what if you just don't buy cards?'

I'm like, I just paid a $15 co-pay for this? That's like four packs and a Snicker's bar from Target!

Seriously, it has caused big problems in our marriage, and I damn sure don't want to lose my wife and kids over it.

I would give anything not to feel like I wanted them or 'needed' them ... but as any addict knows, there's nothing better than a HUGE hit ... and nothing worse than getting your a-- kicked when you're on a spree and not hitting anything but watching your bank account dwindle away.

It's never been worth it, honestly. Hang in there, man ... RJ
I'll fix it all for $15 bucks...I'll send you the money...you send me every card you own Tongue lol jk hang in there bro!
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75