`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collecting Tips

Collecting Tips
Hey everyone was just needing some opinions on what direction i should take my Collections in. I just have way 2 many collections. I currently collect all 49ers,all wvu alumni,like 60 diffrent sets im currently working on,as well as i collect vick, pennington for the wife,tim brown,steve mcnair,hermon moore,barry sanders,brandon lloyd,andre johnson,and there are a few others as well. That is just in football i collect alot in baseball 2 but im not really focusing on that right now. Any advice on how i could minamize my collection. Im sure im not the only one that has this same problem. Thanks and all opinions are appreciated.
Photobucket

RE: Collecting Tips
I was just trying to figure out the same thing. I have a ton of base junk I need to get rid of but would hate to just chunk it. At the moment, I have resided to move all of that stuff to storage boxes and so that i can better organize the collections that i actually want to keep. I will be keeping tabs on this forum to see what others post as well. good luck.

What I have been doing is just buying stuff that appeals to me. Going for more quality over quantity now. Working on my only set, 2010 Topps Magic Master set and my 1 major player PC, Daniel Thomas. I have side PCs of Ricky Williams (My old main guy), Sam Bradford, Michael Jordan as well as my favorite players growing up. I'm starting to spend $50 on just one really nice card of players I like instead of 500 base cards and it has trimmed my collection down quite a bit and I also have some really nice and rare cards to show for it. I say all those people you collect continue collecting them if you are happy with it but instead of buying every 50 cent 9er card just pick up 2 or 3 50 dollar 9er cards. You'll have a much more manageable collection and a lot nicer one too. Hope this helps.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(11-27-2011, 08:49 PM)branesergen Wrote: What I have been doing is just buying stuff that appeals to me. Going for more quality over quantity now. Working on my only set, 2010 Topps Magic Master set and my 1 major player PC, Daniel Thomas. I have side PCs of Ricky Williams (My old main guy), Sam Bradford, Michael Jordan as well as my favorite players growing up. I'm starting to spend $50 on just one really nice card of players I like instead of 500 base cards and it has trimmed my collection down quite a bit and I also have some really nice and rare cards to show for it. I say all those people you collect continue collecting them if you are happy with it but instead of buying every 50 cent 9er card just pick up 2 or 3 50 dollar 9er cards. You'll have a much more manageable collection and a lot nicer one too. Hope this helps.
Thanks alot for the advice branesergen. I really appreciate your opinions and that actually makes since. I guess i just need 2 figure out what i wanta focuse on more.
Photobucket

Thats the hard part for me too lol One good thing about collecting multiple things - when you get bored with one there is always another lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(11-27-2011, 09:04 PM)branesergen Wrote: Thats the hard part for me too lol One good thing about collecting multiple things - when you get bored with one there is always another lol
haha ya i know I think i have already decided on a few minimazations. Just from your comments. Really appreciate it
Photobucket

I'd agree, I'd avoid the commons or base unless you are going to supercollect a particular player.
Looking for:
Shane Vereen
2010 Panini Threads CJ Spiller letter "I"
Topps Magic Autos
2010 Topps Prime Rookie Autographs

Check My Bucket and Sub-Folders
http://photobucket.com/jlombardi24

(11-27-2011, 09:13 PM)jlombardi24 Wrote: I'd agree, I'd avoid the commons or base unless you are going to supercollect a particular player.
well i think ive had decided im gonna super collect Some Wvu alumni players and a few 49ers and on all others im just gonna focuse on mainly true rookies. Im also gonna focuse on just sets that i really like and have almost got complete. might even try 2 do a master set of 1 of them. I will probally go off track quite often lol but for the most part i think im gonna Super Collect Pat White,Steve Slaton from wvu and Patrick Willis, Novarro Bowman from the Niners.
Photobucket

I was buying everything under the sun as well but I focused my collection on 2 things.

Threads nameplates of Cowboys and RC Autos in Playoff Contenders of Cowboys.
[Image: Msimonds.png]

My Collection is at 100% right now!! I am 100% with Dallas Cowboys Rookie Class Threads AND 100% with Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders RC Autos .... until next year Smile