IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SUH

RE: SUH
Check me for that Suh auto! lol...

(11-24-2011, 07:43 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: Suh's actions were deplorable. His complete refusal to take responsibility afterwards in the press conference was even worse IMO. "Losing his balance"? Dude, you were on national TV, everyone saw it. To do it in the heat of the moment is one thing. Pathetic, but people make mistakes. To completely deny it after the game and make excuses? That is even more immature than the act itself.
Totally agree with you. He is in definite need of counseling while he endures his suspension and beyond.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

Wow, a lot of emotion in this thread. Fine him, suspend him, teach him a lesson fine. Burn his cards, suspend him for the rest of the season, fine him 1 million dollars, kick him out of the league forever and ever, is going way over the top. Understand he's a young player with a lot of passion and heart. I believe he is the main reason for the Lions turn around. He got frustrated and lost his cool. Let's look at the replay for a moment, from his point of view. He got double teamed and fell to his knees....was it necesarry for the Packer OL to drive him backwards still and cause a possible season ending injury? Never mind the OL was holding and the play was already away. As a commentator pointed out, it's not the first time pushing on someone's helmet has happened. As far as the kick with his leg, it didn't help the other offensive lineman shoved Suh prior to that. At that point, he was completely frustrated and lost it. Dont get me wrong, it was completely unnecesarry and there is no excuse for it and thankfully the lineman didn't get seriously injured. He will be fined and I'm sure suspended but let's not get out of control and say he needs to be kicked out of the league or put in jail. He's young and will learn from it. Just as each of you have or will have when you make a mistake.

(11-24-2011, 08:08 PM)jumpman23com Wrote: Wow, a lot of emotion in this thread. Fine him, suspend him, teach him a lesson fine. Burn his cards, suspend him for the rest of the season, fine him 1 million dollars, kick him out of the league forever and ever, is going way over the top. Understand he's a young player with a lot of passion and heart. I believe he is the main reason for the Lions turn around. He got frustrated and lost his cool. Let's look at the replay for a moment, from his point of view. He got double teamed and fell to his knees....was it necesarry for the Packer OL to drive him backwards still and cause a possible season ending injury? Never mind the OL was holding and the play was already away. As a commentator pointed out, it's not the first time pushing on someone's helmet has happened. As far as the kick with his leg, it didn't help the other offensive lineman shoved Suh prior to that. At that point, he was completely frustrated and lost it. Dont get me wrong, it was completely unnecesarry and there is no excuse for it and thankfully the lineman didn't get seriously injured. He will be fined and I'm sure suspended but let's not get out of control and say he needs to be kicked out of the league or put in jail. He's young and will learn from it. Just as each of you have or will have when you make a mistake.
Holding is a part of the game... there is NEVER an excuse to pin someone's head to the turf and then try to kick/stomp him. If this was in a bar or on the street, he'd be in jail. Only in sports do we allow people to assault each other and pay $10,000 to avoid punishment.

He'll learn from it when there is REAL punishment doled out. Huge fine and a giant suspension. Otherwise, the league teaches him that it's cool to beat the crap out of someone and his "punishment" is sitting down for 30 minutes and less than 1% of his yearly pay. Sounds like the way students are treated now in school--you're a superstar, you can't fail, you're all A students. This is how we end up with kids like him...
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

(11-24-2011, 08:23 PM)ricky williams 34 Wrote: Holding is a part of the game... there is NEVER an excuse to pin someone's head to the turf and then try to kick/stomp him. If this was in a bar or on the street, he'd be in jail. Only in sports do we allow people to assault each other and pay $10,000 to avoid punishment.

He'll learn from it when there is REAL punishment doled out. Huge fine and a giant suspension. Otherwise, the league teaches him that it's cool to beat the crap out of someone and his "punishment" is sitting down for 30 minutes and less than 1% of his yearly pay. Sounds like the way students are treated now in school--you're a superstar, you can't fail, you're all A students. This is how we end up with kids like him...
+10000... I say kick the guy out of the league... There is no place for dirty and trash players like him... If he can't conduct himself the way he is supposed to and not act like a selfish and immature thug, then he needs to go... Teach him and any other scumbag dirty player this kind of behavior is not acceptable...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(11-24-2011, 08:08 PM)jumpman23com Wrote: Wow, a lot of emotion in this thread. Fine him, suspend him, teach him a lesson fine. Burn his cards, suspend him for the rest of the season, fine him 1 million dollars, kick him out of the league forever and ever, is going way over the top. Understand he's a young player with a lot of passion and heart. I believe he is the main reason for the Lions turn around. He got frustrated and lost his cool. Let's look at the replay for a moment, from his point of view. He got double teamed and fell to his knees....was it necesarry for the Packer OL to drive him backwards still and cause a possible season ending injury? Never mind the OL was holding and the play was already away. As a commentator pointed out, it's not the first time pushing on someone's helmet has happened. As far as the kick with his leg, it didn't help the other offensive lineman shoved Suh prior to that. At that point, he was completely frustrated and lost it. Dont get me wrong, it was completely unnecesarry and there is no excuse for it and thankfully the lineman didn't get seriously injured. He will be fined and I'm sure suspended but let's not get out of control and say he needs to be kicked out of the league or put in jail. He's young and will learn from it. Just as each of you have or will have when you make a mistake.
one thing you may not know about me personally is that I have been a rabid/avid Lions fan for over 40 years .....

I've watched them when they were great and I've watched them when they were gawd awful ..... the people of the Detroit area DO NOT and WILL NOT tolerate players of this caliber representing them on the field.

I stand firmly by my beliefs that it's time for Willy Clay Ford to step up to the plate (not Roger Goodell) and for him to tell Suh to get help with his on-field attitude or he's done in Detroit !!!

He could be a great player but he has "issues" that need to be taken care of ..... I don't care what he does off-field for the community, you don't see that on National television ..... what he's doing on the field is a disgrace, especially when EVERY American family is sitting at the table celebrating one of their most beloved holidays ..... Thanksgiving.

Think of all the kids who look up to him ..... is this acceptable behavior ??? absolutely positively not !!! should we judge him ..... yes, the evidence today is loud and clear.

Look at his penalties this year, stupid-deliberate-game changing ..... every time the Lions have had opportunities to keep a game in check, he looses his head and does something stupid.

I was shocked and horrified when I saw that penalty. This is the first U.S. Thanksgiving day I've taken off work to see this game in over 10 years and I cannot believe how he let his team, the fans, and the Detroit Lions organization down today.

They could have won the game but it was a decimating blow to the moral of the team overall, not just to the defensive front line.

The City of Detroit opened their arms and welcomed him to the Honolulu Blue and Silver family, his actions and total lack of apology after the game was a slap in the face to every true Lions fan across the globe.

pbean

(11-24-2011, 08:41 PM)pbean Wrote: one thing you may not know about me personally is that I have been a rabid/avid Lions fan for over 40 years .....

I've watched them when they were great and I've watched them when they were gawd awful ..... the people of the Detroit area DO NOT and WILL NOT tolerate players of this caliber representing them on the field.

I stand firmly by my beliefs that it's time for Willy Clay Ford to step up to the plate (not Roger Goodell) and for him to tell Suh to get help with his on-field attitude or he's done in Detroit !!!

He could be a great player but he has "issues" that need to be taken care of ..... I don't care what he does off-field for the community, you don't see that on National television ..... what he's doing on the field is a disgrace, especially when EVERY American family is sitting at the table celebrating one of their most beloved holidays ..... Thanksgiving.

Think of all the kids who look up to him ..... is this acceptable behavior ??? absolutely positively not !!! should we judge him ..... yes, the evidence today is loud and clear.

Look at his penalties this year, stupid-deliberate-game changing ..... every time the Lions have had opportunities to keep a game in check, he looses his head and does something stupid.

I was shocked and horrified when I saw that penalty. This is the first U.S. Thanksgiving day I've taken off work to see this game in over 10 years and I cannot believe how he let his team, the fans, and the Detroit Lions organization down today.

They could have won the game but it was a decimating blow to the moral of the team overall, not just to the defensive front line.

The City of Detroit opened their arms and welcomed him to the Honolulu Blue and Silver family, his actions and total lack of apology after the game was a slap in the face to every true Lions fan across the globe.

pbean
+1 bajillion. Good to hear what a lions fan thinks about this honestly. Im mean Suh could of seriously injured the guy smashing his head into the turf like that. Aint nothing but maybe a inch or two of hard padding then cement on most all the fields these days. Hopefully the guys head is ok.

[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(11-24-2011, 06:11 PM)biglump007 Wrote: I say suspend him for the season and arrest him for assualt with intent to cause injury
I TOTALLY AGREE!!! And he not only needs to be suspended, but suspended WITH OUT PAY!!

I still remember that Haynsworth play. And just because nobody talks about it, doesnt make it go away! Suh is not only a dirty player, but a head-hunter & a cheap-shot artist!! Glad I dumped all his cards & cashed in on them when the lions USED TO BE good!!

11-0 BABY!!
Photobucket
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(11-24-2011, 08:41 PM)pbean Wrote: one thing you may not know about me personally is that I have been a rabid/avid Lions fan for over 40 years .....

pbean

Could not have said it better Mr. Bean
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

(11-24-2011, 08:49 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: I TOTALLY AGREE!!! And he not only needs to be suspended, but suspended WITH OUT PAY!!

I still remember that Haynsworth play. And just because nobody talks about it, doesnt make it go away! Suh is not only a dirty player, but a head-hunter & a cheap-shot artist!! Glad I dumped all his cards & cashed in on them when the lions USED TO BE good!!

11-0 BABY!!
Photobucket
congrats on the win, but don't forget you play in the "Black and Blue" so I'm sure we'll meet again Wink