`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old School Boxes...Why are some tougher to find?

Old School Boxes...Why are some tougher to find?
Those of you more knowledgeable about the hobby may know, but as an example, 1995-96 SP boxes frequently turn up on eBay and the card websites like blowout cards or dacard world. However, I'd really like to pick up a box of 95-96 SP Championship- nice card design, great-looking inserts, but they are literally nowhere to be found. Is there any reason for this that anybody is aware of?

Also, I'd love to bust a box of that first Jordan-only set, 1998 MJx, but I'm guessing those were all busted long ago cause everybody loves MJ.

Just curious I guess. Any thoughts or potential explanations would be awesome!
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

RE: Old School Boxes...Why are some tougher to find?
Actually most old school boxes are resurfacing now because of the MJ low parallel and inserts craze. So you just need to have some patience and willingness to pay double or triple the price that it use to be. Those MJx boxes are still around, but I believe some people are not willing to put them out since they want to sell them at ridiculous prices, because of the possible autos and low print parallels. You'll just have to look around and if you have a bunch of LCS around you might want to check them out.

RE: Old School Boxes...Why are some tougher to find?
I've managed to pick up a couple of those 95-96 SP boxes really cheap. One was like $30 delivered which I thought was crazy cheap. I'd be willing to pay a decent amount for an SP Championship box from the same year for sure, just seems odd that SP boxes are all over the place and SP Championship boxes are seemingly nonexistent.

I'm sure any MJx boxes would go for insane amounts though, you're definitely right about that! And I wish there were any LCS's around. There's one small one in a batting cage center that's only good for supplies, closest one otherwise is an hour's drive each way Undecided
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]