`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Rules...Rules....Rules

Rules...Rules....Rules
I must say that all it says is that the card has to be placed in your organize for you to sell it......Rule says nothing about selling auto items or anything of that nature. Love made up rules just because someone else in the post makes a post about it being a big deal.
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

RE: Rules...Rules....Rules
(11-15-2011, 10:36 PM)jrod1022 Wrote: I must say that all it says is that the card has to be placed in your organize for you to sell it......Rule says nothing about selling auto items or anything of that nature. Love made up rules just because someone else in the post makes a post about it being a big deal.
If your referring to me then yes i made big deal and i believe it says "cards" in the TOS not memorabilia. I tried selling card supplies on the forum and my thread was deleted so why should you have special treatment where as everyone else doesn't?
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

Beckett will only allow you tell sell items they can take a percentage of, once they get the sell working properly. Auto mem can not be added to your org. So Beckett cant get a cut of the sale.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(11-15-2011, 11:34 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: Beckett will only allow you tell sell items they can take a percentage of, once they get the sell working properly. Auto mem can not be added to your org. So Beckett cant get a cut of the sale.
BINGO! Well said!

Beckett doesn't need cuts of sales in my opinion but oh well. I haven't been on in awhile so i did not know that your thread got deleted. It should say ONLY CARDS ARE ALLOWED TO BE SOLD ! There are to many mods taking favorites/buddy-buddy with some members and going on mini power trips from time to time. When its all said and done this is just a message board not the government.
Looking for Highend Pujols/Chipper/Longo

Also looking for a new sweet banner, i will provide all the pictures just need someone to put together a sweet one !

I didn't see the harm in card supplies but it wasn't allowed. I knew your thread was going to be locked because it happened before. I just was giving you a heads up.

I agree guys shouldn't be doing the mods job for them. However, if its not within the rules we all seem to look out for others and say "hey better watch it." I do the same. What is funny to me is that you can advertise a jersey FT and no one (mod or not) says a word. If its FS though, look out.

I must say though, saying I couldn't do it so why should you seems a little childish to me. I think saying the mods play favorites is also a little off man. I am on more than a mod and have done many deals with ceocards and we are always cool, but he has locked my threads before too. Trust me man, he doesn't play favorites.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(11-15-2011, 11:42 PM)jrod1022 Wrote: Beckett doesn't need cuts of sales in my opinion but oh well. I haven't been on in awhile so i did not know that your thread got deleted. It should say ONLY CARDS ARE ALLOWED TO BE SOLD ! There are to many mods taking favorites/buddy-buddy with some members and going on mini power trips from time to time. When its all said and done this is just a message board not the government.
It isn't the government, but it is a business. If i was running the site, I would want a cut too. Why would they not take a cut? I don't always agree with the mods decisions on what threads to shut down, or what posts to close, but they use their best judgement I am sure.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

(11-15-2011, 11:42 PM)jrod1022 Wrote: Beckett doesn't need cuts of sales in my opinion but oh well.
Almost doubling the price of the OPG, or then charging for ORG. They will pinch every penny they can. Only make sense to charge to sell. This site used to have enough traffic that if they found a way to do auctions. They could have made a serious run at FeeBay for card sales. But I think them days have passed.
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(11-15-2011, 11:51 PM)jwest1334 Wrote: It isn't the government, but it is a business. If i was running the site, I would want a cut too. Why would they not take a cut? I don't always agree with the mods decisions on what threads to shut down, or what posts to close, but they use their best judgement I am sure.
I disagree here as well. Other trade sites do not get a cut. Also, Beckett already gets a fee, you have to use the OPG to play here. I think that is largely why they haven't rushed getting the sell function fixed. They know its gonna hurt them to charge us cause we will go else where. I can go to 3 other sites and sell for free. They couldn't have been making much off the sell function before so why lose members by charging again? Take the OPG charge and run with it cause no one wants to pay more again.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html