`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long before this happens?

How long before this happens?
Let me know if this has already been done but how long do you think it will be before someone signs their cards with their Twitter handle? Who do you think would be the first to do it? I happened to see a Logan Morrison auto card and almost expected to see it signed @LoMoMarlins.

So who do you think will be the first and do you think it will help/hurt the BV or interest in the card? Do you think a company should embrace social networking and tie it into an auto set? Maybe a who insert set with athletes that are particularly active on twitter signing their cards with their twitter handles?
[Image: BECKETTBanner.jpg]
Trading for: Baseball Rookie Collection NEEDS | Frank Thomas | Ben Tate | Hideo Nomo | Ken Griffey Jr. (SEA uni) | Current Texans
*Wants marked as such* *NOT CURRENTLY TRADING*

RE: How long before this happens?
i think that is very interesting - I bet some player who is pretty PR savvy will do so eventually. I am actually surprised card companies don't do more in social media.

@chrisjgould
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that on a card. Guys like LoMo and Hunter Pence are pretty active on Twitter. Like you guys said, I'm kind of surprised card companies haven't embraced it as much yet. Maybe in upcoming sets we will see more inserts or inscriptions geared towards social media.

@treyjyert
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index

I think it'd be a pretty cool idea personally, I've thought about this before, but i think people that arent into social media as much would like it.

@LRidgey
[Image: giantssig1.jpg]

I collect Brandon Belt, Pablo Sandoval, Matt Cain and Gary Brown!

Wow I can't believe u are all in for it. Blah I hate that stuff. It would drive me away bug time. Why would I pay money for there twatter or facespace name. Yuck

@idontdotwitter

(11-14-2011, 03:17 PM)cody_allen Wrote: Wow I can't believe u are all in for it. Blah I hate that stuff. It would drive me away bug time. Why would I pay money for there twatter or facespace name. Yuck

@idontdotwitter
+1

I don't think Nolan Ryan even has a twitter account. But, that would be cool!! Count me in.

@nolan5000
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Personally, I wouldnt want to see that happen +2
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Don't want it x3

I misread the original post and just assumed they'd still be signing their names but adding their Twitter handle as an inscription. I'm 100% on board with inscriptions of their Twitter handles in addition to their signature but only 20-25% on board for them actually using their handle as a signature. I think it's a cool idea thought.
[Image: bannerthj011.jpg]
Thanks to talkntribe for my banner!

http://s1141.photobucket.com/home/Trey_Jones001/index