`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay advice please

RE: ebay advice please
Sounds like the guy had buyers remorse...
[Image: fgdfdgdfgdfgdf.jpg]
CARD COUNT: (Met cards - 15655)      (Piazza - 1610)      (Wright - 759)

Absolutely file a case when you can. Rules are rules, you bid, you win, you pay.
Simple.
Do not waste time in discussion.
Do not drop the case, he is in the wrong
Do not relist or resell until the case is closed by ebay..sometimes, the buyer gets the case notification, they contact ebay, find out they have no recourse and pay the auction 5-10 days later.
So, if you open the case you will need to have the item available to the highest bidder until the auction is officially closed by ebay.

Good luck...

(11-11-2011, 02:46 AM)pyweed Wrote: File, relist, and move on. Don't waste time on dialogue; he's already proven to be unreasonable.
+1 I had a buyer from NH win an auction of mine and didn't pay so I extended the time to pay by 7 days in case he was out of power because of that Halloween snowstorm that hit. I know alot of people were without power so I was trying to be reasonable. If he doesn't pay by this weekend I am filing nonpaying bidder and just relisting the item. I am also blocking him from bidding on my items in the future. It's only a few dollars but SOME buyers are just a pain in the butt and think they can do whatever they want.

(11-11-2011, 02:46 AM)pyweed Wrote: File, relist, and move on. Don't waste time on dialogue; he's already proven to be unreasonable.
You also run the chance of the buyer paying for the auction and then leaving negative just to spite you, so be careful.
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(11-11-2011, 09:44 AM)cheetos Wrote: You also run the chance of the buyer paying for the auction and then leaving negative just to spite you, so be careful.
Ebay will help with that kind of negative. What is he going to say? "He made me pay and I am mad"
If I thought that listing a case would give me a negative, which can not happen, the whole idea of making people own up to their responsibilities is gone.
File it and make them own up...

Saying that he's moved and asking you to cancel the transaction should end it in my opinion. It may be that he can no longer afford to pay you and he doesn't want to admit that. Maybe he had to move unexpectedly because he got transferred. The bottom line is that he said he doesn't want the card any more, so that should be that. I would block him as a future bidder and re-list the item.

I say go for #2 - send the message, and be ready to file. After the case is complete, then approach the 2nd chance.

Also, the very first thing I would do is add them to the Blocked Bidders list, so you don't have to deal with them again.
CURRENT NEEDS:
*2011 Topps Black Diamond Wrapper Redemptions (wants marked in ORG)
*All Carl Edwards Cards I don't have (wants marked in ORG)
*Marcus Thornton, Kevin Johnson (NBA)
*"Air Coryell" San Diego Chargers
[Image: 6802037740_e2e39685ee.jpg]