`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay selling questions???

ebay selling questions???
I have never sold a card in my life, lol, but as of recent the thought has popped into my mind about clearing out some of my rookies and base and inserts. I want to keep all of my memorabilia, autos etc so those wouldn't be for sale. For those of you who buy lots, how should this be done. Sell by team, by sport, how many per lot, should they just be sold as sport card lots but not by sport and how much would you charge for a lot consisting of rookies, base, stars and inserts? It doesn't mean I am going to sell, but just in case I decide to and to dwindle down my man cave a little I wouldn't mind some advice from my awesome friends on here. I was thinking about shipping the cards in the smallest flat rate box they make but pack if full.
Also what does ebay charge to sell as well?

Thanks for the help!! And any opinions!!

RE: ebay selling questions???
I'll try to give you a little help...I have never bought a lot off ebay but have sold a few lots of particular player cards. Basically you can do it however you want to...by player, team, the whole collection whatever. As far as pricing goes, throw Beckett out the window and try to find something similar on ebay so you get an idea of what to expect. Or you can just start it low and see how it goes but you may end up selling for next to nothing. Ebay does charge....there is a small charge for the listing although normally you get 50 or so free listings, but then there is a charge once the item sells...i'm sure the formula is on ebay somewhere.

Also, if you don't have on already you will want to set up a Paypal account as most transactions on ebay are done through paypal. Setting up an account is free but there is also a paypal fee if you sell items and recieve the funds through paypal.

The US Postal Service has the boxes that are a set price if it fits. Just make sure you pack it correctly or you can expect damage and people wanting their money back. For small groups you can use padded envelopes.

Good Luck
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]

If you go to cards show and trade shows that would be the better of way to go for base sets and common inserts.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(11-09-2011, 04:06 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: If you go to cards show and trade shows that would be the better of way to go for base sets and common inserts.
dont have card shows nearby. I have tried selling big 5000 card lots that are my doubles...i do sell doubles just not my non doubles...for a dollar a lot anmd no one bit. thought adding other stuff and putting it where vard collectors are would work