Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OT: Talks of PManning to New Team
Sad 
OT: Talks of PManning to New Team
Was watching ESPN before the games today and of course there were Andrew Luck talks and INDY being the front-runner and what would happen to manning.

For some reason it REALLY upset me that they were suggesting which teams would be best fit for Manning to go to if INDY landed luck. I mean, this is the face of your franchise for the past decade plus. Why would it not be in the best interest for Luck to learn under Manning for a year or two, and Manning retiring (since he has no chance at Favre's IronMan record)?

IDK I just CAN'T imagine seeing Peyton in any other uniform than a Colts
[Image: BeckettBanner.jpg]

Jacquizz PC
Total = (259/354) 73%
Total minus 1/1 = (236/252) 94%

RE: OT: Talks of PManning to New Team
Where would he go?

Aaron Rodgers needs a back up Big Grin
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

Ya i agree, not a good choice of topic on a espn show. IMO Manning should be and always be a colt, and should retire as one as well.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

maybe he can go take snaps for the chargers. no one else can seem to handle them. sorry i had to....
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

Speaking of Aaron Rodgers, the Manning/Luck situation would be exactly like the Favre/Rodgers situation. As great as Favre was, he disliked the fact the Packers brought in Rodgers. Manning has an ego too, but he just doesn't show it as much. I don't think he would react in a positive way if the Colts brought in Luck. Additionally, after this year's crop of QBs has shown, sometimes starting a rookie is the best thing you can do. Luck has talent and should do well in the NFL. Manning knows this is a possibility and doesn't want to lose his job.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

oooh, my favorite player to my favorite team......the REDSKINS
imagine thatSmileSmileSmile

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

I'd be upset too if you know that they are bringing in someone behind you... that's probably why he felt so comfortable with Painter and Collins knowing both of them suck and they would never surplant him at QB. You bring in Luck... well, no one said the kid was short on talent...

The only way I stay a Colts fan is if Manning stays... or if Luck is drafted. Other than that...adios!

Nobody saw Joe Montana taking snaps for the Chiefs or Jerry Rice taking snaps for the Seahawks, but it happens. Great players think they can "get it done" no matter the circumstances. At this point if Manning thinks he still has something left in the tank, and the Colts do win the Andrew Luck sweepstakes, Manning could end up playing somewhere other than Indy. I don't want to see it happen as I think that's how many others feel as well, but the reality is it's a possibility regardless of what we may want.

Manning has an ego? Understatement. NO ONE has taken a snap in practice except Manning until this year. They weren't allowed to because Manning refused it.

Manning will play as long as he is able to.... but the Colts putting him on the trading block shows me one thing and one thing only. He's not coming back. It would make more sense financially for the Colts to just cut Manning before paying him $25 at the end of the year.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(11-06-2011, 01:42 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Manning has an ego? Understatement. NO ONE has taken a snap in practice except Manning until this year. They weren't allowed to because Manning refused it.

Manning will play as long as he is able to.... but the Colts putting him on the trading block shows me one thing and one thing only. He's not coming back. It would make more sense financially for the Colts to just cut Manning before paying him $25 at the end of the year.
+1
Collecting Bruins, Jon Papelbon, Patriots

[Image: Stockinsert.jpg]