`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading question...

Trading question...
So, I did this trade with a very well reputable member...he sent his cards and I sent my cards...I provided a DC#, but its been 3 weeks since the trade and he his not received his cards...he called the post office and the post office stated that the package was delivered. My question is...am I still responsible for him not getting his cards...I mean I offered to replace one of the cards because I felt bad that he did not get his cards...its a 40.00 autgraphed card...what do you guys think? Just wondering.

RE: Trading question...
i would do your investigating if he has done this before or if he is a new member luckily i have never had a bad situation with a high end item but either way protect your fb make them happy and by all means dont trade with them again lol
[Image: KevinGarnett.jpg]

(11-04-2011, 01:43 AM)garnettfan4life Wrote: i would do your investigating if he has done this before or if he is a new member luckily i have never had a bad situation with a high end item but either way protect your fb make them happy and by all means dont trade with them again lol
Yeah true...that is why I offered to send a replacement card...just wondering what is the proper thing to do.

At least you have a DC... I can't imagine the day when someone doesn't have a DC and the other person claims that it was never sent. That's why I save my receipts from the P.O. until the trade is completed. At least then I have some sort of proof that the card was sent.

(11-04-2011, 02:22 AM)usafshelland Wrote: At least you have a DC... I can't imagine the day when someone doesn't have a DC and the other person claims that it was never sent. That's why I save my receipts from the P.O. until the trade is completed. At least then I have some sort of proof that the card was sent.
Yeah, I always send all my trades with DC#...just to make sure they got it...sometimes if its only one card, the post office wont give me a DC because the padded envelope is too thin...there is a rule that it has to be a certain thickness to get DC#...so I have been told, so now I put foam peanuts to thicken it up...

I have never heard that from my P.O. they are more than happy to take my money! LOL Big Grin

(11-04-2011, 02:29 AM)arod0770710 Wrote: Yeah, I always send all my trades with DC#...just to make sure they got it...sometimes if its only one card, the post office wont give me a DC because the padded envelope is too thin...there is a rule that it has to be a certain thickness to get DC#...so I have been told, so now I put foam peanuts to thicken it up...
I've never been told that by my PO. The only thing I've been told is, if you don't want your card to go through the automated sorter, make the package thick enough so it won't fit.

[Image: mecsig.gif]

http://s556.photobucket.com/albums/ss4/mecooncat/

I'm always looking for Tony Romo cards

my PO does the same...one card is generally not enough to make it thick enough to send 1st class parcel, so no DC.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

My old P.O used to tell me it had to be 3/4" thick. My new one doesnt care lol. As for the issue at hand - Technically you're covered if your DC says it was delivered. But like someone else said protect your feedback and try to make them happy. He probably opened the package and forgot where he got it from. I've had a member contact me asking for his end only to be told later nvm he found them. Forgot to mark them as received lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

Has the other trader ask his neighbors if they got the package? It can still come up as delivered if the post man scanned it and delivered it next door. Just a suggestion.
ID VIKESRULE on most other trade sites. Don't care about BV if the deal is right.
Cris Carter super collector and die hard Vikings guy!