`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Store Robbery Caught On Tape

Card Store Robbery Caught On Tape
Keep on the lookout in the Seattle area for this man and/or stolen cards.

http://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/sea...ht-on-cam/
Interested in EX-MT or better pre-'56 Cardinals, '53 Bowman Color & '74-'78 Topps.
http://s606.photobucket.com/home/jalbregts

RE: Card Store Robbery Caught On Tape
What a scumbag

Thats crazy. Fortunately my families store hasnt been robbed. Probably due to the fact that everyone who frequents our store realizes how big my dad and I are haha. We have had people TRY to take stuff while we were there...very unsuccessful on their part lol
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

That is highly unfortunate. That guy had definitely been in there before and knew the routine of that place. Hopefully they are able to catch the guy and get some of that stuff back, if not all of it. Looks like a great shop too, haven't been in one like that in years.

First thing I thought of when I saw Seattle was nelly34e and how it wouldn't surprise me if that was him.

They should rewind the video and see if the guy has been in there before. Then see if he used a check or credit card to see if they can track his name through their records.

Yeah the thing though is he knew the place too well. I recognize all my customers even if they were only in a couple times....the owner should know the face

I have been in this store a few times, very sad. Hope they catch the guy.

I was at one of my local card shops a few years ago when he busted a thief. He had a security camera set up and he was able to manually operate it from the back of the store. He signaled me over to his little terminal and watched him zoom in on some guy in the shop shoving $100 boxes of Yu Gi Oh cards in his jacket. The guy had to have been in his mid-30s, so it's not like it was a kid. He just looked so confident that he wasn't going to get caught, plus I'm surprised he couldn't hear us giggling just as he was so brazenly swiping these boxes.
So the owner and a few of his friends...ex-wrestlers and weightlifters went out and confronted the thief in the parking lot. No one got hurt, the police weren't called and he got the cards back, while the guy gave some sob story about how he didn't mean it etc.
[Image: amazontmsc.jpg]

[quote='newtmcknz' pid='1766718' dateline='1320388997']
I was at one of my local card shops a few years ago when he busted a thief. He had a security camera set up and he was able to manually operate it from the back of the store. He signaled me over to his little terminal and watched him zoom in on some guy in the shop shoving $100 boxes of Yu Gi Oh cards in his jacket. The guy had to have been in his mid-30s, so it's not like it was a kid. He just looked so confident that he wasn't going to get caught, plus I'm surprised he couldn't hear us giggling just as he was so brazenly swiping these boxes.
So the owner and a few of his friends...ex-wrestlers and weightlifters went out and confronted the thief in the parking lot. No one got hurt, the police weren't called and he got the cards back, while the guy gave some sob story about how he didn't mean it etc.

Yeah similar stuff has happened at my families shop...it doesn't happen anymore but we used to be in a mall. Multiple times my dad went up behind people and just touch them on the shoulder and asked if they needed any help...they would turn around to see a 6'5 300 pound hulk standing behind them...basically situation handled lol. Unfortunately we had items stolen when we moved our store...someone who was helping and had known my dad for years took alot of wax and singles...we took him to court and actually told us he had been stealing for years...we got our money back from everything we could recognize as missing...who knows what else is missing. Things come up every once in a while but I think we figured out all of the higher end items.

I work at a local card shop and i know we been cased alot. You can tell those that are there to buy and who is there to steal. We are a full service shop we carry coins,comics,collectables,toys and cards so it is inviting those with a criminal mind to try and steal. Many have been caught. On the good side we have a German Sheppard that sits in the shop with us and i bet deters such and acts. I feel bad for the owner of this shop because those cards were probably their bread and butter of their store and this jackass just put them in a hole. I know we sell a lot of vintage and it does maybe 25-50% of our card business so if we got hit like that it would take a lot to recover. My question is this why in gods name did they not have motion sensors or motion alarm? How did the thief get in? Some times you have to look at how naive these store owners can be. I think they are partly to blame because of poor security. If it were my store and i had all that high end vintage and all that stock you bet your patoot my store would be locked like fort knox and security would be my first priority!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]