`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to

RE: wow.. they don't make griffey collectors like they used to
I don't buy the economy story anymore it's just a fact that people are out to get the best deal possible and aren't willing to just pay what the seller is asking. It started at the retail level with Black Friday deals and has slowly trickled down to ebay. People finally woke up and asked themselves why would I pay $5 for a card when I can probably wait until the very last second and get it for $2 or $3 ? All the power is in the buyers hand and eventually if the person selling wants to move the item bad enough they will give in and sell it for what they can get and not for what they want.

(11-10-2011, 08:20 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: I don't buy the economy story anymore it's just a fact that people are out to get the best deal possible and aren't willing to just pay what the seller is asking. It started at the retail level with Black Friday deals and has slowly trickled down to ebay. People finally woke up and asked themselves why would I pay $5 for a card when I can probably wait until the very last second and get it for $2 or $3 ? All the power is in the buyers hand and eventually if the person selling wants to move the item bad enough they will give in and sell it for what they can get and not for what they want.
bingo.
Currently Collecting:
Baseball HOFers: Autos, Vintage and Rookies
Dallas Cowboys: Autos and Vintage

I have actually been doing very well with griffey stuff...I am getting above book on all the inserts ive sold in the past few months
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(11-10-2011, 09:16 PM)jwest1334 Wrote: bingo.
Makes a lot of sense. Patience almost always leads to the best deals...especially in cards.

There's just a lot of pressure and hype by manufacturers and sellers to buy as soon as possible.

Bowman: home of the pre-rookie card.

(10-30-2011, 12:53 PM)PadresFan86 Wrote: Let's face it. This hobby is dying
I don't think so. Anyone who has been a round more than 10-15 years have seen this all before.

[Image: cropped-mojo-beard-banner-2-final.gif]