Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2006-07 Topps

2006-07 Topps
How come when I search for the following card, it doesn't show up:

2006-07 Topps #246 Brandon Roy RC

But when I add an "A" after the card #, it works:

2006-07 Topps #246A Brandon Roy RC

But the Brandon Roy card doesn't have an "A" on the back of it. The same goes for other cards around the same number.

Why is that?

RE: 2006-07 Topps
(10-28-2011, 07:21 PM)Doogan Wrote: How come when I search for the following card, it doesn't show up:

2006-07 Topps #246 Brandon Roy RC

But when I add an "A" after the card #, it works:

2006-07 Topps #246A Brandon Roy RC

But the Brandon Roy card doesn't have an "A" on the back of it. The same goes for other cards around the same number.

Why is that?
There were different variations of the card (one his draft picture, one his college picture. But to put the card in the database, you (I'm guessing) weren't allowed to put the same number within the set, so it had to be differentiated. So when there are variations (and there are many) they are suffixed with a letter (at least in Beckett's system). Hope that clears it up.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

RE: 2006-07 Topps
xstreaminsanity Wrote:There were different variations of the card (one his draft picture, one his college picture. But to put the card in the database, you (I'm guessing) weren't allowed to put the same number within the set, so it had to be differentiated. So when there are variations (and there are many) they are suffixed with a letter (at least in Beckett's system). Hope that clears it up.
Yup, makes sense...thanks