`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BIN/BO.. why use it?

RE: BIN/BO.. why use it?
(10-19-2011, 04:12 PM)alanch Wrote: Hey Ryan, if you are looking for the Carlton Mitchell auto version /25, I found one for $18. Found the non-auto for $8. Just did a google search. Both are from the same site. Can pm you the link in case you wanted to check it out.
thanks man. responded
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

Being one of these sellers who list their BIN/BO way above BV I will chime in why. I list cards higher than book and higher than they last sold because I dont care if they sell or not. My job takes me out of town for 3 weeks of the month and I list cards I dont care if I keep or sell and all have a BIN/BO and will stay in my store while I'm at work and all are listed for about double book value. I dont care what BV is, and I dont care what the last one sold for. If it sells for a good price I will sell it, if not oh well. I dont need the money and I dont have to sell the card. I recently sold a card that books for $40 and sells for about $15. After 2 months of having it listed at $80 I took the offer of $60 for it. Someone will want it eventually and someone wont care what the last one sold for and if that person doesnt come around oh well. It costs me $27 a month to keep 100 cards in my ebay store of which I sell maybe $200 worth a month - all for BV or over and all for way over "what they sell for". I dont however set the offer on auto reject but I do just cancel offers and even ignore many simply because if you're going to offer me what it sells for at auction then win it at an auction! If you want the card now and are willing to pay a little more for it then you will buy my card. If not go win it then. All you have to remember is I dont have to sell the card, just because its for sale doesnt mean I must have the money now. If I needed money then I would sell it at auction. If you want the cheapest price available - then wait for it to come up for auction.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(10-19-2011, 05:27 PM)branesergen Wrote: Being one of these sellers who list their BIN/BO way above BV I will chime in why. I list cards higher than book and higher than they last sold because I dont care if they sell or not. My job takes me out of town for 3 weeks of the month and I list cards I dont care if I keep or sell and all have a BIN/BO and will stay in my store while I'm at work and all are listed for about double book value. I dont care what BV is, and I dont care what the last one sold for. If it sells for a good price I will sell it, if not oh well. I dont need the money and I dont have to sell the card. I recently sold a card that books for $40 and sells for about $15. After 2 months of having it listed at $80 I took the offer of $60 for it. Someone will want it eventually and someone wont care what the last one sold for and if that person doesnt come around oh well. It costs me $27 a month to keep 100 cards in my ebay store of which I sell maybe $200 worth a month - all for BV or over and all for way over "what they sell for". I dont however set the offer on auto reject but I do just cancel offers and even ignore many simply because if you're going to offer me what it sells for at auction then win it at an auction! If you want the card now and are willing to pay a little more for it then you will buy my card. If not go win it then. All you have to remember is I dont have to sell the card, just because its for sale doesnt mean I must have the money now. If I needed money then I would sell it at auction. If you want the cheapest price available - then wait for it to come up for auction.
I don't think anyone is complaining about that. Everyone should list cards over what the previous one sold for. Because rarely do people hit the BIN. If I have a card that sells between 28 and 34, ill put a 45 or 50 BIN/BO. But if someone offers me 20 ill counter with 34 and if someone offers me 30 ill take it. But it sounds like you wanna sell each card at top price and that frustrates people who want the card. Plus who says the card sells cheapest at auction? That makes no sense. The BIN/BO is just so the seller can control what he gets off it. If a card sells between 45 and 50 and I offer 47 what would you do?
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

Correction - I dont wanna sell each card at top price - I dont care if it sells or not. If it doesnt I'm happy keeping the card - If I do get top price then I'll sell it. Everything has a price. If you want the card then pay top price for it otherwise I'll keep it. I too am a collector and it looks just as good in my collection as it will in yours. Thats Ebay tho - On here I'm totally different. I respect the PC and will go out of my way to help someone make theirs better. Example - I have a Bradford Threads Letter auto listed on ebay for $150, they sell for around $100 if someone offered me $100 I would decline - If they offered me $125 I would decline, $140 I might take. Someone on here offered me $75 on one and I took it cuz I knew it was for his Nameplate and offered to trade the other letter I have for one he needs. But for someone who I dont know as a collector, if you want it pay for it, if not wait for the next one to come along cheaper. I'm in no hurry to get rid of it. If I cant get $140 for it its more important to me to keep. So depending on the card to if I would take your $47 for it but most likely not. And yeah not all auctions are cheaper but 90% are and there is a possibility you'll get shilled and a possibility you'll lose the auction. To me (and this is just a personal preferrence) I'm willing to pay book for a card I know is there instead of trying to save $20 hoping I win an auction.

Another card had a BIN/BO of $40, I offered $32 (highest this card went for was $29). And it automatically declined. - I would have declined you on here too - For $11 more than the last one sold I'm giving you a chance to own the card now and you know its there - Is it really worth $11 to wait for the next one to come along and hope you get it for less? If you want my card now you will pay the $11 if not you then someone else will and if no one does I'm happy keeping the card. I dont have to sell it just because its listed and I dont have to sell it to you for what others are going for.

I understand its frustrating as I go thru it too. There is a Ricky Williams card thats been on ebay for A YEAR!! For $99.99 thats not even worth $25 and the guy wont budge less than $75 on it. I wont pay that much because its not worth it to me and for all I know this guy could be a Ricky collector too. But someone someday will want it and he'll get top dollar for it. Not arguing with ya just giving you a little insight as to why we do it - well why I do it anyway lol.
Manning PC

Whoo you lost me. So people on eBay don't collect? What if i needed that card for my nameplate? I can't get it cause i offered 125 on eBay? And yes ill wait to buy a /299 card that sells for 30 bucks then buy yours for 40. But some won't. So you win there. A lot of people have no patience in this hobby. They will buy a 15 dollar card when the product is new, when they can get it for 5 in a month. I rarely buy when a product comes out because I know the price will drop. I'm a /25 platinum refractor away from completing my Titus Young rainbow. The /99 was selling for 15 bucks when it came out. I just got mine for 3. Just by being patient.

That being said, I pay current eBay prices. I've had sellers counter with, "Well he is going to be good so I want double what they go for." And i always counter with asking for lottery numbers because they can predict the future. If i wanted the /99 then, I would of paid 15. I waited and got it for a few bucks. If i wanted it again, I'd probably only pay five bucks or so, cause that's the current rate.

Just a friendly debate, no harm no foul Smile keeps me busy in my boring chemistry class.

uote='branesergen' pid='1747762' dateline='1319067743']
Correction - I dont wanna sell each card at top price - I dont care if it sells or not. If it doesnt I'm happy keeping the card - If I do get top price then I'll sell it. Everything has a price. If you want the card then pay top price for it otherwise I'll keep it. I too am a collector and it looks just as good in my collection as it will in yours. Thats Ebay tho - On here I'm totally different. I respect the PC and will go out of my way to help someone make theirs better. Example - I have a Bradford Threads Letter auto listed on ebay for $150, they sell for around $100 if someone offered me $100 I would decline - If they offered me $125 I would decline, $140 I might take. Someone on here offered me $75 on one and I took it cuz I knew it was for his Nameplate and offered to trade the other letter I have for one he needs. But for someone who I dont know as a collector, if you want it pay for it, if not wait for the next one to come along cheaper. I'm in no hurry to get rid of it. If I cant get $140 for it its more important to me to keep. So depending on the card to if I would take your $47 for it but most likely not. And yeah not all auctions are cheaper but 90% are and there is a possibility you'll get shilled and a possibility you'll lose the auction. To me (and this is just a personal preferrence) I'm willing to pay book for a card I know is there instead of trying to save $20 hoping I win an auction.

Another card had a BIN/BO of $40, I offered $32 (highest this card went for was $29). And it automatically declined. - I would have declined you on here too - For $11 more than the last one sold I'm giving you a chance to own the card now and you know its there - Is it really worth $11 to wait for the next one to come along and hope you get it for less? If you want my card now you will pay the $11 if not you then someone else will and if no one does I'm happy keeping the card. I dont have to sell it just because its listed and I dont have to sell it to you for what others are going for.

I understand its frustrating as I go thru it too. There is a Ricky Williams card thats been on ebay for A YEAR!! For $99.99 thats not even worth $25 and the guy wont budge less than $75 on it. I wont pay that much because its not worth it to me and for all I know this guy could be a Ricky collector too. But someone someday will want it and he'll get top dollar for it. Not arguing with ya just giving you a little insight as to why we do it - well why I do it anyway lol.
[/quote]

Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

I totally agree with you there about impatient people. And those are who I sell to lol. What I'm trying to say about ebay and collectors is yes there are collectors on ebay but I dont care. If you need it for your nameplate and I dont know you, yup you're going to pay $140 or buy it elsewhere but if I know you from here I'm more willing to work with you just because the nature of the community. Cuz I too am a collector. A Bradford collector at that! So yeah it means a little more to me than $125 - but not more than $140 lol Simply because I DO have the patience to wait another year for one to come along for $100 most people dont. I dont even pay current ebay prices. My boring job allows me to buy the steals at 3am lol And if I miss them then oh well its a hobby you win some you lose most. And if I win I will put it up on ebay for that $40 BIN/BO and reject your offer of $32 even tho I paid $5 for it simply because I dont care if it sells or not. Now if you said something over here and I knew it was you then I would PM you and sell it to you for $5 just because I know you and know you arent some greedy dealer looking to make a buck like me Smile

Definately a friendly debate - its keeping me occupied while I wait for this slow a$$ rig to get out of the hole so I can go home!
Manning PC

I know you are just trying to be honest...really man, I hate to judge, but you are coming across like a real jackhole with such a smug attitude...So do me a favor, what's your eBay ID, I will definately put you on my blocklist... You will NEVER get a $1 from me...

(10-19-2011, 05:27 PM)branesergen Wrote: Being one of these sellers who list their BIN/BO way above BV I will chime in why. I list cards higher than book and higher than they last sold because I dont care if they sell or not. My job takes me out of town for 3 weeks of the month and I list cards I dont care if I keep or sell and all have a BIN/BO and will stay in my store while I'm at work and all are listed for about double book value. I dont care what BV is, and I dont care what the last one sold for. If it sells for a good price I will sell it, if not oh well. I dont need the money and I dont have to sell the card. I recently sold a card that books for $40 and sells for about $15. After 2 months of having it listed at $80 I took the offer of $60 for it. Someone will want it eventually and someone wont care what the last one sold for and if that person doesnt come around oh well. It costs me $27 a month to keep 100 cards in my ebay store of which I sell maybe $200 worth a month - all for BV or over and all for way over "what they sell for". I dont however set the offer on auto reject but I do just cancel offers and even ignore many simply because if you're going to offer me what it sells for at auction then win it at an auction! If you want the card now and are willing to pay a little more for it then you will buy my card. If not go win it then. All you have to remember is I dont have to sell the card, just because its for sale doesnt mean I must have the money now. If I needed money then I would sell it at auction. If you want the cheapest price available - then wait for it to come up for auction.
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

they lose .50 every month so its not in there best interest to price it too high. I dont get why they do that either. Its pretty lame.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

Super - my ebay id is Labeled. Tho you're missing the point - you think I care about your money. I dont. If you dont buy it someone else will and if no one buys it I dont care. I sell cards that I dont care if they are in my collection or not. But I'm not going to give them away just because they sold on ebay for half of what i'm asking on them. If you want my cards pay my price, if you dont move on and dont whine about it. Ebay sales are not the end all be all of buying cards. What law is there that says I have to sell my cards to you at the same price as the other people? What makes you think you're entitled to my card for the same price as the last one sold? What law says I cant get the most for my cards? But because someone wont sell you a card for the price you want to pay you throw a tantrum and block them. You yourself said you HATE the fees and dont sell any more - why is that? Is it because you hate selling a $100 card for $10 and only clearing $7? Me too but because I sell my $100 card for $75 and clear $70 i'm a crook? I know thats not why your blocking me but i'm sure its why some sellers are on your do not buy list. Sad thing is is now after this some people are going to think i'm a greedy jackhole when in reality and many on here can attest to i'm pretty giving of my cards.

Eazy E - it costs me 20 cents a month per card. Its just factored into business expenses.
Manning PC

before we get too heated here, i got to say there is a difference between what branesergen is doing compared sellers who like to jack you around and ignore offers. Branesergen is likely getting customers who are tired of the last second snip hassle and hunt. They want the card now, they need it for their collection and they are willing to pay the price to get it done and over with. I as a buyer have done the exact same thing a few times already because i just want the card and dont really care if i gotta pay a extra 5 or 10 bucks for it.

On the other hand the sellers who list a BIN/BO but then want to ignore you or jack you around on what they are willing to take really gets on my nerves. We need more sellers like branesergen, who know what they want, will tell you as much and get business done. Another good thing about a guy who will refuse to take less then book value is a lil hidden in between the line, and here is why.

Lets say we get more and more sellers who will not take cheap prices. What does that do for the value of your cards and this market? Well the answer is easy, itll raise the value. If you can get a 100 dollar BVcard for 10 bucks, sure thats great. But if you have to buy that 100 dollar BV for 80 bucks, then that raises the market value. MV is all about what you can get for your card and if you can get 80 bucks for 100 BV, then why not do it and raise up the value of our market?
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.