`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay and shipping charges

RE: Ebay and shipping charges
(10-13-2011, 11:08 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: That is what I thought, if a tax amount appeared on an invoice from a guy who sells cards, I would question it...some of the guys look like single card sellers, but they are selling out of a brick and mortar store front and have to charge sales tax. Tax ID # is required. Did not sound like that was the case from the person's description above..13.5%?? crazy..
And Ebay sellers can only charge Sales Tax if you are from your state. Otherwise you as the buyer are responsible to pay. For Example, I am from Idaho and if I buy something from Maine, he can not charge me Sales Tax, but I am to pay the sales tax to Idaho when I purchase on line.
(10-12-2011, 07:47 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: So lately I have been getting low scores for shipping when I charge $3.00.
So any idea where you low rates came from? How much did you charge for combined shipping on multiple wins? That is where I kept getting nailed

(10-13-2011, 05:10 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: And Ebay sellers can only charge Sales Tax if you are from your state. Otherwise you as the buyer are responsible to pay. For Example, I am from Idaho and if I buy something from Maine, he can not charge me Sales Tax, but I am to pay the sales tax to Idaho when I purchase on line.

So any idea where you low rates came from? How much did you charge for combined shipping on multiple wins? That is where I kept getting nailed
I charged $3.50 for 3 cards. I am not sure about the other 2 low scores.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(10-12-2011, 09:49 AM)yankeeempire Wrote: It looks cheap but in reallity it isn't. That guy probably sells hundreds of cards and if he does 100 x .11 is $11.00 so for selling a few commons he isn't doing that bad. Some sell junk/commons to pay for shipping on cards that cost more. Like i said in my previous post its not about the quality its about the quantity of cards your selling. I have a friend who sells on ebay he sells everything from common cards to mid priced game used and makes over 1,000 a week. Remember there are thousands upon thousands of ebay users that like to spend and if your cards are priced cheap and you have alot of them think of the possibilities.
Can you explain to me how he is making money? You are figuring that he is going to sell another card to the same person and ship them out at the same time. I almost never buy multiple cards at once, and I'm sure there are a lot of other people like me.

The whole "sell in bulk" argument has never really set well with me. To me you are leaving money on the table that you could otherwise have. As a general business practice giving money away is never a good thing. But, with card sales, there isnt really a firm market price anyway so it doesnt really matter in this case.

As to people complaining about the price after they have already paid, I get this almost daily from my service and repair business. People sign a contract before we do anything, then call the next day because their nextdoor neighbor knows someone who knows someone who could have done that at half the price, and now they want some of their money back. IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY THAT MUCH, DONT BUY IT!! /end rant.