`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NEED HELP DECIDING WHAT TO KEEP / SELL / TRADE FOR THE FUTURE

NEED HELP DECIDING WHAT TO KEEP / SELL / TRADE FOR THE FUTURE
This question has probably been asked before, but I will ask it again.

I am a huge collector, and have cases and cases of relics, auto's, commons, everything. Little by little, I am organizing them.

My question is, if a card is hot/high price right now, is that something you should keep for an investment or sell off.

I have a few cards in the $1000 range each from the previous 3 years, but don't know if I should sell them or keep them. Like I said, I am afraid those cards might drop in value. hOT NOW, WORTH 1/2 OR LESS IN 20 YEARS.

Not like it is a 1950 Bowman Williams, that never drops (I HAVE ONE OF THOSE TOO)

NOAHNATOR!

RE: NEED HELP DECIDING WHAT TO KEEP / SELL / TRADE FOR THE FUTURE
SELL, SELL ,SELL!!!!!!!!! With the way players come in and out of the league it is best to get you money while you can. PC cards are a different story, thats your Personal Collection so the value of those cards is mute. You also have to try and judge when to sell. For example Harper shuldve been sold about 2-3 months ago. If you still have some DONT sell wait until spring training when the hype is back on. Playoff team players are going to be hot right now SELL!!!! Its just like silver and gold except that will always keep value where as cards might not.

I am a huge vintage collector and they are always hot. But am semi new to the new stuff. I like it alot.

So basically you are saying, don't sell anything now, but wait for spring training and then flood ebay with all cards I want to sell?

Make sense.

Well depends. If you got players that normally don't sell high, but are in the playoffs, I'd check ebay prices. If you have any Nelson Cruz, I'd sell them right now.

But really your best bet is to comb the ebay 'completed listings' and get some prices.

As for the vintage, I personally keep all of mine. Those never go down in value unless they get damaged.
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

I recently completed my first set of Vintage. 1950 Bowman. I wasn't that into 1948 or 49', but I am beginning to get a soft spot for them. I think that will be my next set to collect.

I would wait until either the start of Spring Training or until the 2011/2012 release of whatever set the card is from releases before considering whether to sell your big cards. General interest rises in February and there is increased Internet/EBay traffic for a set as its release date approaches. For example, 2010 Bowman Sterling prices will likely rise in the next few weeks as the 2011 version is released.

Here's another small example of how to take advantage in down times. I bought a box of 2011 Topps Chrome when it first came out and pulled a Kimbrel auto. I sold it for $19 as the EBay market was starting to come down from the initial sugar high. I got the same autographed card in the mail today and bought it for $10.75. So I pocketed an extra $8.25 and still have my Kimbrel auto.

I am still putting together my game plan/want list for the offseason. I think I want to load up on Posey (I got a Bowman Sterling RC for $5 recently), Harper, and Strasburg for sure. Otherwise I don't know what I am going to find. I'll probably also look to offload some SPs and such so that I can finish my sets from the past two seasons. Note: I am not a pure profiteer but I do look for value to help support my interests.

The point is that it's definitely turning into a buyer's market as the offseason approaches so card prices go down (except for Christmas) and stay that way through most of the winter.
Currently working on 2010 Bowman Chrome Regular/Prospects, 2010 Bowman Sterling,
and 2010 Topps

(10-11-2011, 01:52 PM)noahnator Wrote: I recently completed my first set of Vintage. 1950 Bowman. I wasn't that into 1948 or 49', but I am beginning to get a soft spot for them. I think that will be my next set to collect.
$2100 + must have went a long ways to helping start that set huh?
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

(10-11-2011, 01:52 PM)noahnator Wrote: I recently completed my first set of Vintage. 1950 Bowman. I wasn't that into 1948 or 49', but I am beginning to get a soft spot for them. I think that will be my next set to collect.
Love the '50 Bowman! I am working on two vintage Bowman Sets right now. A lower to mid-grade '54 Bowman set and a PSA graded 5 or better '48 Bowman set. Not the prettiest, but a classic Bowman Set. About half way on both, and thinking of either the '50 Bowman next, or the '55 Bowman.

50 for sure. Williams is an awesome card. A tad bigger than 48'. Lol.
(10-11-2011, 07:36 PM)shezdoni Wrote: $2100 + must have went a long ways to helping start that set huh?
Yep. Took a few years, but I am happy.

(10-11-2011, 11:09 PM)noahnator Wrote: 50 for sure. Williams is an awesome card. A tad bigger than 48'. Lol.

Yep. Took a few years, but I am happy.
I know someone that would like a CANON EOS 1D MARK III CAMERA BODY. NEW

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35