Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With hockey starting tonight, how did everyone become a fan of hockey

With hockey starting tonight, how did everyone become a fan of hockey
Ok Guys,

I got this idea because I did a trade with Ron(opierocks). Along with the cards he included a note that asked my how I became a fan in of hockey living in Oklahoma, not know for being a hot bed for hockey. Thought it would be cool if everyone shared their story about coming to love hockey.
Here's mine.

Back in the mid 80s here in Tulsa our hockey team was an affiliate of the Rangers & Leafs. My dad took me to a game when I was like 14( don't remember because it was too long ago Big Grin ). Well my dad knew a couple of the people at the arena and we got to go early and watch practice. The goalie at the time for the Oilers (Tulsa not Edmonton) was none other than John Vanbiesbrouck. Well we got to meet the team during practice and afterwords I got a signed puck and then Vanbiesbrouck gave me his goalie stick and signed it. I still have it today. Ever since that day I have been a fan of hockey. To me there is no other sport that comes close and will always hold a place in my heart for it.

Let's here some more stories.

Walt
Collecting:
Current Penguins / Sidney Crosby / Penguins RCs

[Image: 39d17c38-0760-4e5f-8be4-b6c654d92bea_zpsjsqahbfv.jpg]
The mountains are calling and I MUST GO!!!!

RE: With hockey starting tonight, how did everyone become a fan of hockey
(10-06-2011, 06:01 PM)pens1fan Wrote: To me there is no other sport that comes close and will always hold a place in my heart for it.
+1

I don't remember exactly how things got started with me but all I can remember is the purple and gold of the LA KINGS baby. Then came Gretzky and everything else is a haze.
Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

pretty cool story

my dad had season tickets to the whalers, he split at work, so he took me to some games when I was little. since then I bleed green. happy collecting

enjoy the games tonight
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

I grew up in a small town in Manitoba, Canada (population 150) and the local arena was the hang out for all us little rink rats from November to March. All of us would trade hockey cards at recess at school, thinking back I can remember how excited I was to get a Pat Falloon Pro Set rookie card. He was from Manitoba so it was close to home. Ahhh the good old days...

(10-06-2011, 06:28 PM)thundercats12 Wrote: Ahhh the good old days...
+1000
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

My parents put me on skates when I was 3 and I have been playing since I was 4, now I'm 25 and I haven't missed a season. Since I was about 18 I have played year round.

I play 5 nights a week right now, three leagues, two pick-up/drop-in skates, and will be reffing 4-8 games a week when the season really gets rolling.

Hockey is huge in my area and there are four rinks within 10 minutes of each other. Nine rinks within a half hour drive from my house.
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

Started playing hockey when my family moved back to Canada from Germany in 1960 - I was 6. Played on all-star teams and junior in the Ottawa Valley, then senior hockey in Northern Alberta. My parents were from Montreal and I was born there so we were Montreal fans in every sport - hockey, baseball, and football. When the Expos folded I stopped watching baseball. When the Allouettes folded, I started following the Patriots and have never watched a CFL game since. I love NFL football. Don't play hockey much these days, but for the last 35+ years I have been a soccer player. I love hockey, soccer, and NFL football with my favorite players of all-time in each of these sports being Yvon Cournoyer, Pele and Welker, respectively. Spud
Photobucket: http://s965.photobucket.com/albums/ae140/mrspudhead98/
I enjoy Beckett but I don't trade cards anymore.
Favorite quotes "... it will be reported to Canada Rev."
(A966567760846SVermont8911CCC346.1).

I was born outside of UND and my dad is an alumni of there.....hockey is the life blood of the Grand Forks
Then my dad dragged me to my first caps game when i was 5 or 6 back when they had the old arena just for them, we sat in the last row of the place and being so young i was scared about the heights. My dad is probably the reason i started to watch hockey.

[Image: p18mannbanner.gif]

my stepdad was in the military andmoved from tampa bay to las vegas and en routewe stopped at my aunts house in a dallas subarb and went ice skating. and the rest was history

i was born a hockey fan.....

my dad got my into hockey