`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
columbus OH or ann arbor MI? vacation finds

columbus OH or ann arbor MI? vacation finds
out on vacation this week... ended up being too busy to post up and ask first part of week but heading up to michigan tonight and then back to columbus tomorrow..anyone know of any decent shops around either place?
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

RE: card shops in columbus OH or ann arbor MI?
There is a HUGE show in Columbus this week end. I am not sure of where stores are but there are plenty down there.

I hear you can find tons of Ohio State signed memorabilia in Columbus Big Grin

(10-04-2011, 02:30 PM)cellardwellars Wrote: I hear you can find tons of Ohio State signed memorabilia in Columbus Big Grin
it was actually being used as a form of currency we were able to pay for our gas coming into town with cash, credit or signed jerseys. thought it was kinda weird

edit: sucks we leave thursday night so no card show this weekend here. did find a decent looking shop about to head up there..the other shop we found was closed today for vacation gonna try to hit them up before we leave

hartman's and chuck&barbs
1/1's (28/72 39%)

Stadium Cards and Comics is just outside of Ann Arbor, and pretty great.

just got back from hartman's since it was open! pretty nice lil shop! if you were setbuilding they have a pretty insane singles collection..did some digging in their $.75 boxes (any insert under $10BV is in there) picked up a few maddux cards we needed and a random 1999 pacific promo #/49 and then a lil gem of a find in my eyes... this was a promo that fleer sent the shop years ago (2000) and had been hanging on there wall since then.

its a framed fleer (tradition i think?) painting around 5x7 of chipper jones. wasn't sure if it was a promo/sample or a regular issue but once I heard it was sent to them from them I figured it was some sorta promo so bought it blindly.

opened up the back of the frame (came framed) and sure enough 2001 fleer 5x7 painting. promo sample numbered out of 100 (35 of 100 PS)

looks awesome! also picked up a 2005 topps all-time favorites Glenn Hubbard auto for $5

also this.... I got this chair for my 1st birthday from my grandparents it has been at my moms house for the past 15 years or so... so she sanded it down, painted it, a few decals and cut up cards later...she surprised me with this

and lastly a photo of our six month old daughter Penny Ann (who has not missed a Braves game her entire life) sitting in it

1/1's (28/72 39%)

RE: columbus OH or ann arbor MI? vacation finds
what card show in columbus? post a link...I may hit it up on Friday!
Collect Andrew McCutchen, Roberto Clemente and most current/vintage Pirates. Some Braves Dynasty like Maddux, Klesko, Javy & Chipper.

[Image: cutchbanner.jpg]

not sure honestly someone else mentioned it!
1/1's (28/72 39%)

(10-04-2011, 02:58 PM)dpatera Wrote: Stadium Cards and Comics is just outside of Ann Arbor, and pretty great.
Stadium is pretty nice...little pricey for singles, but what LCS isn't. Ann Arbor is a nice town to just walk around. Lots of culture.

Have fun!
Guillen: 536 cards~42 GU~9 Patches~6 Autos~17 1/1s
Cabrera: 137 cards~4 GU~3 Patches~2 Autos~0 1/1s
Edmonds: 221 cards~10 GU~2 Patches~3 Autos~0 1/1s
[Image: WilliamsQuad-1.jpg]

like the chair!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]