`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running out of traders

RE: Running out of traders
I can't afford everything. I have to save up just to buy a few cards or a box, since I am against buying single packs these days.. I don't even pay for cable, I got the old school rabbit ears & HD box to get it to work with today's free tv shows. I don't even have a landline. I use my cell phone & internet usb drive. I make decent money, but most go to bills. I have to skip a night on the town or a few beers to save up for cardboard. Watch one less movie or skip out on that weekend vegas trip just to buy cards. Love redbox though... $1.-- to watch a DVD.. better than netflix, which I cancelled last year just to pay my early beckett OPG.. Haven't bought a beckett magazine in a couple years. I used to buy basketball, to read the articles, but I can read those at my LCS.

I do not trade very often, even on other sites. I try to sale on the bay every once in awhile.. When I search for people to trade with, it is with people that have not logged on in a very long time. Those are the people that probably do not post on the forums (since I never see their user names). Those that do post & are looking for trades do not have very much listed in there ORG or do not have anything I am interested in or need to complete a set. A lot of traders want my cards, but I don't see anything I want. I am not willing to trade for cards that I do not need. I don't try to be rude.. I give them a list of card wants & let them email back if they have them or can obtain them... usually the trade is cancelled after that.

I hope beckett does away with charging for having an ORG over 100+ cards. I never even knew they charged for it, since I pay for a yearly basketball OPG. wish it was cheaper!! I didn't want to cancel & have the price be increased, when they did raise it. I have been deployed 4 times in the last 4 years. Three 6 month & one 4 month deployment. These are years I paid for a subscription that I did not use on those months.. wish Beckett would give a discount or freeze my account for those months being deployed. Support our troops! USN.

I wish there would be more people using this site or at least using the ORG, so us collectors can locate cards that we need or find out how many people have them. If the holder of the card doesn't want to sale or trade the card, at least I know where it is, if I am trying to chase that card down.. I will know that is one less card I need to find... i.e. like the SPA 08-09 "VARSITY LETTERS" of Jordan Farmar. Looking for three more cards. Two 1/1's & one /3 "cityname". See signature for needs...
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*