Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggest a case

Suggest a case
Hey everyone,

Always on the lookout for cases to bust which yield good returns vs price point. Chasing Hall's & Crosby's rookie class.

With that in mind feel free to suggest a product to get into that has good return vs how much I will spend for either 2005/06 or 2010/11.

Couple disclaimers - Trying to keep the price within reason (I am fully aware cup and other high enders are the "best" but again I'm looking at return vs price point BUT also enjoyment of busting). Also I've pretty much done 2010/11 UD series 1 so that's out as a suggestion.

Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

Jason

RE: Suggest a case
(10-03-2011, 01:19 PM)jason1980 Wrote: Hey everyone,

Always on the lookout for cases to bust which yield good returns vs price point. Chasing Hall's & Crosby's rookie class.

With that in mind feel free to suggest a product to get into that has good return vs how much I will spend for either 2005/06 or 2010/11.

Couple disclaimers - Trying to keep the price within reason (I am fully aware cup and other high enders are the "best" but again I'm looking at return vs price point BUT also enjoyment of busting). Also I've pretty much done 2010/11 UD series 1 so that's out as a suggestion.

Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

Jason
2005/06 Series 2? Or 2006/07 SP Authentic. Both 2005/06 and 2006/07 rookies in the set. Plus you get like 3-4 autos a box.
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

2006/07 SP Authentic didn't work out for me. Seemed to miss all the big namers (can't shake the feeling the case was tampered with - moved away from getting products from that dealer - either it was or it was incredibly back luck).

(10-03-2011, 01:29 PM)jason1980 Wrote: 2006/07 SP Authentic didn't work out for me. Seemed to miss all the big namers (can't shake the feeling the case was tampered with - moved away from getting products from that dealer - either it was or it was incredibly back luck).
Yea I'd stick to buying from the big dealers in the US. You may have to pay a little more, but you may do a lot better. How about 2010/11 SPX?
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun

2010/11 SPx would be all right if I could get it for a decent price...

Tell me more about 05/06 UD series 2. Somewhat naive I suppose but always have difficulty understanding who/what will be available. for example Crosby - realize his YG wouldn't be in there..but what would be of him?

2006/2007 SP Authentic. They put rookies from 05/06 in the 06/07 product.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

I liked 05/06 parkhurst a lot. Crosby's rookie from this set isn't worth a ton, but I think I always pulled one per box of him and Ovechkin and a couple boxes had two of either of them. One Crosby alone would cover your cost of each box in BV. Plus if you're getting a case you'll probably hit a True Colors 8 player jersey card.
[Image: Blues%20Banner%202015_zpso4q52tdf.png]
Blues PC: 5600+ cards - Blues RCs: 781/933 - 83.7%

I have had bad luck in the past with SP Authentic in and this year I bought 1 box and got a Hall FW Auto. From the breaks you have showed on I think you would hit something huge.
Collect Ray Bourque, Ryan Miller, Patrice Bergeron, Dougie Hamilton

H&P for 05-06 is my guess not sure on pricing thou
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

(10-03-2011, 01:33 PM)jason1980 Wrote: 2010/11 SPx would be all right if I could get it for a decent price...

Tell me more about 05/06 UD series 2. Somewhat naive I suppose but always have difficulty understanding who/what will be available. for example Crosby - realize his YG wouldn't be in there..but what would be of him?
Ovie YG, Crosby victory RC's, gold /100, Black /5. Rookie Threads. Rookie Threads autos. Plus all the other good players.
Always gone Thur-Sun