Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anyone else feel this way?
Question 
Anyone else feel this way?
In most high end sets (Marquee, Triple Threads, Sterling, etc.), low numbered parallels (w/o relics or autos) are very common. I think every base card in Marquee is limited to 799 (not a print run, but it says that on baseballcardpedia). Do serial numbered cards (let's say /99) from sets like Topps S1/S2, Bowman, Topps Chrome, and other low end sets seem much more valuable to you than a /99 card from Triple Threads? For me they do. I would rather have even a purple refractor /599 than a Triple Threads /99 parallel. Anyone else have this view?
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

RE: Anyone else feel this way?
I do feel the same way. I think the reason is that the lower end sets are so large and the print runs so massive that even something like a purple refractor is not a guarantee, and getting a purple refractor of someone you would actually want is really an accomplishment. When you get a card numbered out of 99 from one of the really high-end products I think there is probably a sense disappointment that you did not get something better. The starting price point has everything to do with it. Semi-Star X #to 99 is much better out of a $3 pack than a $100 pack.
Collecting Dan Haren,Troy Tulowitzki, Al Rosen, David Christensen, Kevin Elster and Jamal
Anderson(RB)

Yeah, I do agree to a point. I for example, have been working on many different Jeter "rainbows" of Topps, Bowman, Chromes, Finest, Masterpieces and so on but you know what I havent ONCE thought about doing?

A Triple Threads rainbow.

Ive also noticed, with a TTT Votto (RC) I have that is #d to 25, that it is actually priced while most cards with a print run so low are not priced due to scarcity. 08 TTT Saphire I believe is the set. I dont know if all the cards are priced, but the Votto is for some reason.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

Never occurred to me to do a TTT rainbow...might try it, the cards are pretty cheap
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)