`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the AL MVP?

RE: Who is the AL MVP?
all depends on how the look at the last month for the soxs if they dont care then i say ells if they do then i say verlander or cano
[Image: banner4_zps7ecf2a69.jpg]

also dez bryant,any bama players in bama uni,john parker wilson,jered weaver,matt kemp,topps triple thread stuff,anthony rizzo

I think my vote would go to Granderson. With all the different Yankees being hurt and their pitching staff being suspect, he played a great season in a tough town.

(09-29-2011, 04:01 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: In order,

Granderson (the runs/rbi make up for the BA)
Ellsbury
Gonzalez
Bautista
Cabrera
Verlander
granderson is petty poor defensively. luckily for him, most voters are too bleeping stupid to look at that

All of the guys that have been mentioned as having 'incredible' seasons are either on stacked teams (Granderson, Ellsbury, Gonzalez, Young) or teams that didn't contend (Bautista). You take Verlander out of the Tigers' rotation, no way do they win the AL Central. Aside from being the 'most valuable,' he won the pitching triple crown so his stats back up it up.

Look at the Red Sox collapse. If either of those 2 were really the MVP, no way that would've happened the way it did.

Very surprised there is no mention of Longoria. His numbers are misleading in that he started the season with injuries that caused him to struggle immensely. This did set him back in some key stat areas like batting avg and such but once he returned and was fully healthy he has been better then any offensive canidate. In the timespan of coming back healthy he has hit the most homeruns and most rbi's I believe. He has been extremely good in the field as well coming up with very clutch plays all around. His play has been very valuable as seen in the last few days.

I respect all the players that are considered but they are on teams loaded with other players that could also be in the running for mvp as well as other great players in general that could make up for the loss of these players. The Yanks have Grandy, Cano and Tex and other great players like C.C., Arod and Rivera and even others yet. The Yanks could replace Grandy with anyone and they'd still be pretty good, the players around that player would make that player appear pretty good. The Sox have Ellsbury and AGone as MVP candidates as well as Pedroia, Ortiz and Beckett that have been really good as well. The Tigers have Verlander and Cabrera with Vmart and Avila. To me this diminishes them to some degree as these teams are loaded.