Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Huge PC Milestone
Wink 
Huge PC Milestone
Well its been a little over a year since I really started trading heavily here on Beckett. When I first started I really wanted to focus on my Kobe Bryant PC. I came on here with maybe 300-400 different Kobes. I have met many a great traders who has parted ways with their Kobe cards to help build my PC up to something that I can really take pride in. I'm not a huge high end collector so no my PC is not full of Kobe autos or even Game Used. I really enjoy base, inserts and the occasional high end insert. I do have 2 autos in my collection and a dozen or so game used just to satisfy the itch.

I really do take pride in the nicer inserts/rc cards I have of Kobe though. The ones I wished I had as a kid. I just wish they cost as much as they did when I was a kid. That takes me to what I have just achieved in my Kobe PC. I just went over the 1000 different Kobe mark Smile

I wasn't planning to go out with a bang with my 1000th card but it just so happened I did. There was a card show in a neighboring town at the mall. I didn't plan to go, in fact I didn't even know it was going on until we were headed into town for other shopping adventures. Of course once I knew there was a show going on I had to stop. There were only about 8-10 different vendors, and of course in the Midwest there wasn't a whole heckuvalot of basketball to choose from. Found a few Kemps here a few Paytons there. Found a couple "bargain" cards to add for some trade bait.

Then in the last line of sellers something caught my eye a couple cases over as i began searching through a guys cases. Nice and flashy with Kobe Bryant on the front of it. I bolted over to it to get a better look. He didnt have prices on any of his cards, so i asked what he wanted for it. He gave me a price that I thought was pretty fair considering how the 90's inserts have exploded. I talked to him about the card and others I had seen and he was impressed with the knowledge I had of the card and the values of the 90's inserts Smile He had some other real nice basketball cards in his case including jordans, shaqs, dirk finest rc ref, that he thought he'd get interest in before this one. I think he was actually pretty surprised I was so interested in this one.

I had to call my wife to tell her the great news knowing there was probably a very slim chance she'd let me bite on it. To my surprise the first words out of her mouth were "Get it if you think its a good price" :|

I walked back to the table not knowing for sure if she was playing a game with me or not. Looked at it somemore. He took it out of his case so I could get a good look at the condition. Flawless Smile Of course I bit Smile I slapped the money on the table and said lets do this. He had the card in a Ultra Pro protector because he said he was going to send it in to get graded if it didn't sell this weekend. He gave me the honors of transferring it from the Ultra Pro to a top loader. I don't know if it was the thrill of the kill or what but i was shaking as i did this. Luckily i was successful in the transfer. At the time it wasn't going through my head that this was my 1000th Kobe. Would have been nice if i could have told him that, so he could feel a even better about helping a collector Smile

I know 3/4 of you didn't read my story and just scrolled down to this Wink Here's the beauty I'm able to call my 1000th Kobe, and easily one of my top 3 favorite Kobe cards (right there with my RC precious metals and premium 3d's)

[Image: KobeBryant-Takeitnet.jpg]

The sparkling 1998-99 Flair Takeit2.net Kobe Bryant Smile

Still as always looking for more Kobe's so please check me if you got some I need Smile

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed!
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

RE: Huge PC Milestone
Great story, and congrats on the milestone.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

congratulations buddy!!! i know how hard it was to get to 1000 mj's and it must have been even harder for kobe since he doesnt have as many cards. good luck as you keep building the pc. my kobe count is a little over 300 right now, but ofcourse i focus on getting mj first, then lebron, then kobe.
[Image: 7966e60e-33ac-4de8-bdd9-1ba754cc86b5_zps67dad6ae.jpg]

sweet pickup and cool story.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

very nice! grats on the awesome pick up and thanks for the story!
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

Nice milestone and congrats. That is a nice card.
Always looking for MJ-Lebron-Wade-Durant-Hill-Wall-Cousins-Bledsoe-Patterson-Orton-Meeks-Prince-Magloire-Nazr-Mercer-McCarty-Delk-Walker-Mashburn- Football-Cobb-Conner-Tamme
[Image: sigpic2.png]

awesome card... I like the story behind it..
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

Congrats! I have very few Kobe's, but you're more then welcome to look through my org to make it 1001-1003 or something Smile
Collecting:
Detroit Pistons
Greg Monroe
Jonas Jerebko
Austin Daye
Terrico White
89-90 Championship Teams
[Image: Sig01.jpg]

Just picked up that same card of Scottie Pippen for my PC
ebayID Brian60187 - Collecting PSA 10 RC's

http://s1238.photobucket.com/user/brianl...ll%20Trade

great story, congratulations! a very nice card too, never heard of it.

I just went over the 550 mark with my Rodman PC, it will be very tough to get to 1000...