`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1996 Pinnacle Identification, Please Help!

1996 Pinnacle Identification, Please Help!
Thanks to all in advance for any and all help. This is my first post so please feel free to notify me if the discussion needs to be moved or has been answered previously.

What I am inquiring about is how to identify the difference between the gold foil and non-gold foil of the 1996 Pinnacle series. All pictures of the cards, both gold and non-gold, seem to show the same item when searching on the internet. The cards I am trying to value all have a noticeable raised (seems to be) gold banner/emboss and tend to lightly stick to one another if stacked. Should I take this as a sign that it is indeed a gold foil? Or, is there a surefire way to tell as it is not explicitly stated on the card?

Please help, I found no additional help on the internet.

Thanks,
Jon

RE: 1996 Pinnacle Identification, Please Help!
Are you talking about regular 1996 Pinnacle Baseball because that set does not have gold foil cards. It does have foil cards but not gold foil and those are easy to tell the diference. Do you have a picture of a couple of the cards you have so we can see what yo umight be looking at. As far as the pinnacle foil goes just search chipper jones 1996 pinnacle #266 on the bay and you can see the regular and foil versions listed to see what those look like. If thats not the right set then please add a pic so we can see what set it is. Hope this helps

SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

I Was unaware of any "gold" foil versions, and since Beckett isnt listing it, i think they are unaware as well. Like grfyfan mentioned, they do have "Foil" versions, but its really more of a coating to the entire card, not just the gold flake. Here are my samples of what he spoke of:

Regular
[Image: Pinnacle%20259.jpg]

Foil - It has a sheen to it that doesnt scan very well.
[Image: Pinnacle%20259%20Foil.jpg]

Not to be confused with the "Starburst"...
[Image: Pinnacle%20159%20Starburst.jpg]
[Image: BeckettSig.jpg]
I collect: Jeff Bagwell, and have Biggio, Berkman, Oswalt, Billy Wagner, some Pence and Clemens to trade for his cards

there is no gold foil version, however, there is a foil version for series 2 only, the second card is the foil version.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35