`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yep, that makes 60....

RE: Yep, that makes 60....
Those 97 autographics century marks are awesome. I want a Favre BADLY but don't want to pay the $300 it will take to get one...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

i hear ya..me personally i just pick up whatever i like at the moment in time i'm trading...i rarely pick up fred taylor anymore, though I have a crap ton of him, and thankfully they didn't make alot of cards for him anymore that meet my collecting criteria so i'm glad about that

(09-24-2011, 06:57 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Actually, far from it.... Although I LOVE the fact that they are both #32/35, my personal favorite would have to be one of the two Skybox Autographics... or the 97 Legends update... I might not even put the Exquisites in my top 10... LOL...
[Image: autograhpics2.jpg]
[Image: 09-11-2010093714AM.jpg]
[Image: 03-09-2010044548PM.jpg]

I don't have a stopping point. I love sportscards. I realized about 4 or 5 years ago, that the only cards that truly makes me happy is Marino cards. I've collected TONS of sets that sit in binders and I've collected TONS of high end cards that were awesome to own, I had no problem getting rid of anything to go towards my Marino collection. I do not really chase parallels, but do pick them up time to time, and do not like high end autographs of Marino that feature with the same photo as lower end cards. I also do not chase multiplayer memoribilia cards, but do pick them up from time to time. I started this rule to avoid the duals with people like Couch, Fielder, Carr. As long as the autograph card doesn't meet any of those deal breakers, I want it. LOL.
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

There is a very nice marino auto selling for a BIN of 169.95, history on this card includes a previous purchase price of 400. It is a 2010 sweet spot /10. Not a true rookie auto, but still a very impressive marino for the price.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

[quote='CowboysFanatic' pid='1718451' dateline='1316934991']
There is a very nice marino auto selling for a BIN of 169.95, history on this card includes a previous purchase price of 400. It is a 2010 sweet spot /10. Not a true rookie auto, but still a very impressive marino for the price.
[/quote

no such thing as a true rookie auto of Marino
wish there was tho lol
then again I love the simplicity of each player having just one rookie....but if there was just one set a year it would get so old collecting and trading!

Congratulations on 60 (and 61 when it comes in) Dan Marino auto cards!!! That is truly amazing!
Currently collect: NON-SERIAL NUMBERED autos, Topps, and Topps Chrome cards of players in Bengals uniforms.

(09-24-2011, 11:34 PM)uwash97 Wrote: Those 97 autographics century marks are awesome. I want a Favre BADLY but don't want to pay the $300 it will take to get one...
I hear ya! I almost did the set, but this was after White had passed and I realized I would not want to drop the $6-800 to get one of those.

(09-25-2011, 12:49 AM)ft28jags Wrote: i hear ya..me personally i just pick up whatever i like at the moment in time i'm trading...i rarely pick up fred taylor anymore, though I have a crap ton of him, and thankfully they didn't make alot of cards for him anymore that meet my collecting criteria so i'm glad about that
Yeah, I always end up trading everything for Marino stuff in the end. So I opted to stop trading stuff unless it was for Marinos. I just sell it otherwise, but now I barely bust wax, so its getting rare for me to own anythng.
(09-25-2011, 02:16 AM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: There is a very nice marino auto selling for a BIN of 169.95, history on this card includes a previous purchase price of 400. It is a 2010 sweet spot /10. Not a true rookie auto, but still a very impressive marino for the price.
Meh... I think that will be a new criteria for me, no high-end Marino's in Pitt uni... They keep using one of 4 pictures anyway. Its getting old. LOL.
(09-25-2011, 02:29 AM)Marinoisking Wrote: [quote='CowboysFanatic' pid='1718451' dateline='1316934991']
[/quote

no such thing as a true rookie auto of Marino
wish there was tho lol
then again I love the simplicity of each player having just one rookie....but if there was just one set a year it would get so old collecting and trading!
I think that's a new idea that I have been playing with lately. If I ever go to a signing, I am going to get a RC signed by Marino. One on COMC looks REALLY nice, but its expensive and I don't like where its signed.
(09-25-2011, 07:11 AM)nineof Wrote: Congratulations on 60 (and 61 when it comes in) Dan Marino auto cards!!! That is truly amazing!
Thanks!!!!! Its fun showing someone my two row box full of autographs. They start looking in amazement, then get bored half way through! LOL. It definitely makes a Marino autograph seem trivial. LOL.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Congrats on the cool milestone....

Thanks!
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Congrats man. Cant wait to show you the marino i just got in a group break i'm in.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn