`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ebay new return policy listing

Ebay new return policy listing
Has anybody else noticed that all listings show your return policy in the listing subtitle? Thats kinda wack. Now I feel like I have to except return because they are listing it like this now. BOO Ebay. There is no reason to return a card unless its not as described in which case you could file a claim anyway..What you guys think?.
[Image: eazyebanner.jpg]
Collecting ALL 2005 Frank Gore -148/406=36%
Collecting ALL 2006 Vernon davis -129/829=15%
Collecting ALL 2007 Patrick Willis -79/818=9%
Collecting ALL 2005-06 Monta Ellis -86/163=53%

RE: Ebay new return policy listing
I agree. Buyers are able to get a return (claim/chargeback) if they want it anyway. With the way PayPal & eBay are, it doesn't matter if it's a valid return or not, they'll side with the buyer.

However, I don't think people will pay attention to it. It isn't really that noticeable and people have a hard enough time reading descriptions let alone return policies. Plus, with the aforementioned tidbit, they know they're covered regardless.
Collecting Cris Carter, Antoine Winfield, Jared Allen, Shawn Springs, Kirby Puckett, Jacque Jones & Vikings/Twins
[Image: 6078850716_c2e9558a71_m.jpg][Image: 5398338425_5d73212804_m.jpg]

(09-23-2011, 12:02 AM)csprings Wrote: I agree. Buyers are able to get a return (claim/chargeback) if they want it anyway. With the way PayPal & eBay are, it doesn't matter if it's a valid return or not, they'll side with the buyer.

However, I don't think people will pay attention to it. It isn't really that noticeable and people have a hard enough time reading descriptions let alone return policies. Plus, with the aforementioned tidbit, they know they're covered regardless.
I dont know, its a little "negative" twist on your listing. Your right it really doesn't matter as they could get there money back regardless I just dont see why Ebay felt it necessary to do this. They are so buyer friendly its insane. They wont be happy until nobody wants to sell on there site.

I've had 5 people give me a 1 or a 2 on my shipping fee of $4 for a 20-card lot of memorabilia and auto cards, so I am getting emails because I', below their selling standards. So when someone pays now, they put a hold on it for a few days... yet I think I am still expected to send.

This sucks for one big reason... eBay owns PayPal. They hold my money in an interest bearing account for a while. My small sale won't earn them that much, but I guarantee you I'm not the only one that has my payments held. They are earning a TON of money from this. I have no idea when my penalty ends for that matter. I haven't sold anything in several months. I SOOOOO love eBay.

Sad
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

(09-23-2011, 12:54 AM)all day baby Wrote: I've had 5 people give me a 1 or a 2 on my shipping fee of $4 for a 20-card lot of memorabilia and auto cards, so I am getting emails because I', below their selling standards. So when someone pays now, they put a hold on it for a few days... yet I think I am still expected to send.

This sucks for one big reason... eBay owns PayPal. They hold my money in an interest bearing account for a while. My small sale won't earn them that much, but I guarantee you I'm not the only one that has my payments held. They are earning a TON of money from this. I have no idea when my penalty ends for that matter. I haven't sold anything in several months. I SOOOOO love eBay.

Sad
Is this why they are doing the paypal holding thing? I hear people keep telling me about it, but I have had no issue with them holding payments from me.

they are making it where the seller has no choice but to offer free shipping
[Image: WillTheThrillSig.jpg]

(09-23-2011, 12:54 AM)all day baby Wrote: I've had 5 people give me a 1 or a 2 on my shipping fee of $4 for a 20-card lot of memorabilia and auto cards, so I am getting emails because I', below their selling standards. So when someone pays now, they put a hold on it for a few days... yet I think I am still expected to send.

Sad
I jus went thru the EXACT same thing, ADB. I called paypal about them withholding my funds & they told me to contact ebay. So I did. Here was their response. I had 3 buyers leave a less than stellar rating in my shipping fees. I charge $2.25 to ship a single card. It costs me $1.75 to ship it. I figure the measley .50 cents I am making goes towards the padded bubble mailer & ink & paper to print the shipping label. I told ebay, that I have never received a complaint or sub-par feedback stating that anyone was unhappy with my shipping fees. And apparently ebay doesnt know who left those low ratings either. So, I am being penalized for something I had no idea what was wrong & my paypal funds get held for 21 days, all the while Im expected to still send out the card & ship on time, all while being a happy camper???!!! WOW!! It feels like I jus got ****** with my pants on!!

I tell you what, this small fee that beckett is charging to use the organize to trade & sell, isnt looking so bad after all!!

It definetly sucks BIG time to be a seller on feebay!! The buyers have ALL the power & the sellers have their hands tied behind their back!!

[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(09-23-2011, 08:59 AM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: It definetly sucks BIG time to be a seller on feebay!! The buyers have ALL the power & the sellers have their hands tied behind their back!!
It leaves only one possible conclusion. Ebay must have an endless supply of people wanting to sell items but not that many buyers. Makes sense in this economy but its not right.
Now if it was reversed and every single auction was getting snapped up and they couldn't keep items on the shelf. The rules would be skewed in the sellers favor. Thats my take on it. Since the economy went to hell so has ebay.

Once they started charging final value fees on the shipping & handling it is better to go with free shipping and adding that cost to the starting price. This way you'll automatically get 5 stars on shipping cost (it'll be grayed out on the feedback for the buyers). I've heard if you ship the same/next day you'll automatically get it for shipping time, but not sure on that.
Collecting Cris Carter, Antoine Winfield, Jared Allen, Shawn Springs, Kirby Puckett, Jacque Jones & Vikings/Twins
[Image: 6078850716_c2e9558a71_m.jpg][Image: 5398338425_5d73212804_m.jpg]

(09-23-2011, 07:38 AM)cheetos Wrote: they are making it where the seller has no choice but to offer free shipping
Yeah, and I've noticed in the last few months that all the items I've purchased that include free shipping have come in plain white envelopes. There's no way to give low stars because they automatically get 5 stars for free shipping. Smart, but I hate it.