`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another ebay question...Please advise

Another ebay question...Please advise
I recently won 2 auctions from the same ebay seller (the items ended a few days apart). After the first, I let him know I was bidding on some more of his items, so to wait to send the invoice, and he complied. Between the two auctions, I ended up buying about 15 "buy it now" cards of his. The second auction ended on September 13th.

Since then, I have sent 8 messages (one email) asking him to please send a combined invoice for the items. The last auction ended well over a week ago and I've been ready to pay for the items since the minute it ended. I am tired of waiting for the cards (which I know aren't coming until I can submit payment).

At what point can I just give up and move on to other auctions? There are plenty of the cards I'm looking for out there and I'm ready to just bid/buy it now and get them. Is there any formal thing I have to do to decline the items at this point or do I just ignore?

Thanks and sorry for the long rant.

RE: Another ebay question...Please advise
Does he state anywhere in his auctions or did he state in any emails/communication that he would combine shipping? I would think he could hit you 15 times as a non-paying bidder but I don't know the ins and outs of that.

The auction stresses that they will combine shipping up to 40 items, as long as all are paid in one payment. This is why, after winning the first auction, I asked him if I could wait to pay until items ended and he said yes, just as soon as it ended to send a request for a new invoice.

Has he listed or bid on anything since the last auction closed? Just curious as it would show that he's at least been active on the site. If he has, I'd just hit him with a negative for each auction and move on. I really think this is the only thing I would ever leave a negative for, awful (or in this case nonexistent) communication.

(09-21-2011, 08:22 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Has he listed or bid on anything since the last auction closed? Just curious as it would show that he's at least been active on the site. If he has, I'd just hit him with a negative for each auction and move on. I really think this is the only thing I would ever leave a negative for, awful (or in this case nonexistent) communication.
He has been active, he has actually emailed me in response to another question I had (some items had $3 shipping combined, some had $2) - he cleared that up but has not sent a combined invoice. I don't even care about the negative feedback - I just don't really want to worry about paying for those items any more and look elsewhere for the cards

Do I need to do anything if I choose not to buy the cards at this point? Or just let it go? What are the consequences of not buying them and if there are any, can I refute them (and do I have enough to?). Thanks

I would contact eBay now..
State the problem and let them help you resolve the issue.
Time to get this over with

Double check by going into the "Pay Now" option. I have had the same experience and gotten to the point I was willing to just pay the shipping. Went in to the "Pay Now" and the shipping was corrected. In other words, perhaps he has combined the shipping but Ebay/Paypal doesn't make that obvious until you are about to pay.

I checked pay now, and it has not been corrected.

How do I go about contacting ebay to cancel the purchases? Or should I just email him and explain that I'm going to look elsewhere? I don't really want to go through any claim with ebay because I just don't want it to drag out even more and I don't really even want to give the guy my business anymore.

(09-22-2011, 07:37 AM)geauxbravos Wrote: I checked pay now, and it has not been corrected.

How do I go about contacting ebay to cancel the purchases? Or should I just email him and explain that I'm going to look elsewhere? I don't really want to go through any claim with ebay because I just don't want it to drag out even more and I don't really even want to give the guy my business anymore.
If you do not want to get eBay involved and you want to work it through with the seller..you are probably not going to get what you want..
My opinion is to at least talk to ebay with the problem and choose the solutions offered. Otherwise you are left hanging out there without protection if things go bad..

Go to ebay and go to FAQs and customer service pages

you still have the message from him saying that he allowed you to wait until the other auction ended so you could combine shipping, right?

You also have the other email in reply to your other question after that date, correct?

Have you received any invoice for any of the other auctions, or BIN's?

If not keep those two messages from him, leave him 15 negs for failure to communicate/ship invoice make sure you put the failure to send invoice in the feedback reason, then move on.

He can't leave you a neg, and he can't leave any unpaying bidder strikes either.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35